Any way to stack my gear on my receiver?
Oct 12, 2007 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tboneDX

New Head-Fier
Hi, thanks to my taste for electronics and people on forums like this, I have too many electronic boxes on top of my desk. The one with the biggest footprint is my Denon AVR1907 Receiver, and I'm looking for a good way to stack something on top of it, say my PS3 for example (or 360 or wii or a combo). The instructions for the Denon box say specifically not to block the air vents on top of the thing, so I will need a good way to put a console on top of it, with it still able to breathe.

I can think of a number of DIY solutions, but I want to hear someone else's opinion before I start.

I'm also thinking of getting some bookshelf speakers, and that would kill my desk space even further
frown.gif

Oh well, let me know what you think.

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #3 of 5
Alright, I figured I would have to do something along those lines. It looks like the top of my receiver has a lack of vents on each of the four corners, should I just get some sort of rubber feet for this contraption that I'm building? It would be cool if I could get it to look like the metal that my receiver is made out of, but I don't know if that would be easy to do...

Oh well, I'll definitely keep your suggestion in mind
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #4 of 5
I was thinking of having 3 sides, a top with "legs" of the same width as the top...if you follow.

You could have just the top with rubber feet if you can find them tall enough. I like black textured spray as a nice look with black components.

When I get an idea in my head I go to Lowe's and wander the isles until I find what works.
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #5 of 5
Ideally, I would like to have a multi-tiered setup. What I'm envisioning is a deal with four legs (with rubber feet) and some sort of platform on top (preferably some sort of black finish sheet metal) and then a few more of them so I can just keep stacking them up as I need.

I know that a lot of stereo components are just designed in a way that they stack easily, I just want to do that same thing, but with oddly shaped game consoles (ps3, I'm looking at you :O)

If I do this right I can have the legs on the very outside of the receiver's footprint, and have enough room for everything.

smily_headphones1.gif

Or get a new desk...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back