Any way to revive pair of Audio Technica CK10s or is it over?
Nov 19, 2011 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

caliskimmer

100+ Head-Fier
Over the summer, I was using my ck10s and all of a sudden, the left speaker sounded much quieter than the right one. I had used them for the gym until I noticed a slight crackling noise, and quickly switched to Fischer Audio Eternas because I was afraid that the ck10s would stop working. Things went smoothly until a few months later, when the above problem arose. 

Now, you may be asking if I did everything to check that it wasn't just me. I will say yes. I checked to make sure it wasn't my ear by switching the earphones around. I made sure that it wasn't earwax by cleaning the silicone tip thoroughly. I also checked balance at different volumes, but the problem still persisted.

Usually, I wouldn't really mind, but the fact that these were my favorite earphones of all time for the music I listen to makes me wonder if there is anything I can do to fix them.

Also, I got these 3rd party for 200 bucks (much lower than any prices I find for potentially replacing these) and there is no warranty on them. Thanks.

Nov 21, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #2 of 7
They do repairs outside of warranty. Please, check the forum search engine as I do not remember the number. The charge was like $80 a driver...not bad considering the price of a new pair. Chances are they would probably just send you a new pair for the price of repair. Let me know if you can't find the number, I'll try to locate it later today when I get a chance.

Nov 21, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #4 of 7
You'll need a defibrillator. 
rolleyes.gif

Jokes aside, it's over. Contact Audio Technica to see if they have a replacement program.

Nov 23, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #5 of 7
RSXBOI...you are in good luck! The CK10s have a two year warranty instead of one year. Just give them a call and they will fix them under warranty....assuming you have proof of purchase from a licensed dealer.

Dec 12, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #7 of 7
I sent my CK10's to Audio Technica Repairs for the broken left speaker. I think it was the lack of strain relief on the cord, since the last tug was a pretty hard one. Audio Technica took care of it, and within a week I received a new pair with new stock tips. Great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back