Any way to make my Shure SRH840's more comfortable?
Oct 25, 2014 at 9:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

stavrosrhcp

New Head-Fier
I bought these headphones a few weeks ago. I'm really loving the sound, but they're just not comfortable. The headband is too tight and I don't like the feeling of the leather pads. My ears hurt like hell after a while. Because of the discomfort, I can't get lost in the music...But enough with my whining, is there any way to make these more comfortable? I really don't want to get a new pair because i got these for 145 euros. 

Oct 25, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #4 of 18
  I bought these headphones a few weeks ago. I'm really loving the sound, but they're just not comfortable. The headband is too tight and I don't like the feeling of the leather pads. My ears hurt like hell after a while. Because of the discomfort, I can't get lost in the music...But enough with my whining, is there any way to make these more comfortable? I really don't want to get a new pair because i got these for 145 euros. 

Maybe the Shure HPAEC940 Replacement Velour Ear Pads might make the SRH840s more comfortable?

Oct 26, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #7 of 18
  Thnx for the suggestions, but which pads won't worsen the sound quality? The DT770 ones seem pretty good :) Also,more bass wouldn't hurt, without overpowering the other details :wink: 

EDT770V will wreck them..you'll add extra energy up top, the extra brightness is due to the perforations beneath the pads.
HM5 Pads will be the safest pads.

Oct 30, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #11 of 18
I've tried HM5 pads on my SRH840, I didn't like the outcome in sound, it made them sound rather hollow and missing some thickness in the mid-range (you might like them) however love those pads on SRH440, surprisingly. If your headphones are new I would allow a couple of weeks for the pads to break in, that may help. If not you can try the velour SRH940 pads as suggested. I know what's like exactly when comfort levels detract from the experience. I have problems with some full-size headphones hurting my neck while laying down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back