Any way of getting digital music from pc to md?
Jun 19, 2002 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Voldemort

New Head-Fier
Ok, i know about these new net md's but I don't want 'em. I have a bit older MZ R900 and I love it. Only unfortenetly now I don't have any way of recording audio from digital sources. But then I noticed on our local supermarket this USB port thingy that you can put on your pc and it has digital out etc, only now I want to know is anyone using that and does it work, on mp3:s as well as cd:s. Also on some new soundcards have digital out, like creatives audigy player platinum, but do they work the same way that cd players digital out work, can you record mp3:s as well as cd:s from them?

Jun 20, 2002 at 12:13 AM Post #2 of 2
a lot of times it wont actually record digitally from pc even though it is.

I have digital out on my soundcard. Unfortunately there was no way to hook up my cd rom digitally to my soundcard though. So it is converted to analog and then back to digital for the digital out. I do NOT get trackmarks this way, since it is converted. Also, mp3's do not get track marked for some reason.

This is why i am iching to get a new pcdp like a sony 925, since it will have true digital out and i will finally be able to have automatic trackmarks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back