any useful reviews for the Prism devices being used as DACs? why is Callia priced higher than Lyra 1 ?
Jun 16, 2016 at 12:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

unclewithcat

New Head-Fier
I just bought a Prism Lyra 1 , coz i spent so much time with the dealer...
but, i still could not convince myself that the Prism devices are good for HiFi use. the only objective review i found was in Chinese and its not from a reliable source. but they commented Prism Lyra 1 is even worth than some 400AUD digital players in terms of DA function. 
can anyone find a objective review for it? coz Orpheus, titan are using the same chips, they should have the same sound quality, some objective reviews for them would also help. 
BTW, as Lyra is using the same chip as Callia does, why is Callia priced around 50% more expensive than the Lyra? just because it can go up to 384, or to add a world clock???
i would be rather thankful if anyone could give some objective or subjective advice on this. 
the DAC is really making me confused and feels being tricked by the producers. coz i guess from the Nwavguy's opinion, they would not make much differences?
oh, god, save me from wasting money and time, just give me some good sound and get me to enjoy it. 
yours,

Jan 17, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #5 of 5
The Lyra is a studio production box. The AD is excellent and the DA is quite good. The Headphone amp is not great unfortunately. Easily solved with an additional headphone amp. As far as price - who knows what is on Prism's mind. Probably just seeing what the market will bear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back