Any trance heads here? :)
Aug 11, 2007 at 12:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Calle

100+ Head-Fier
Hi
wink.gif
I want to get in touch with some trance freaks, mainly european trance like the stuff Armin plays on ASOT or what Above & Beyond spins on TATW.

Hope to meet you guys
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 11
i don't cater specifically to "trance"...in fact i tend not to even use such explicit categorization of music...

BUT i do listen almost exclusively to electronic music....which encompasses trance....with some small extension into jazz

Aug 12, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #3 of 11
I listen to EDM heavily, almost my only source of music although I do tend to listen to a large compass of other material.

I agree that Trance and Vocal trance do have their own categories and don't just blend in with the rest. They all have their own categories:

trance, dance, house, techno, vocal trance, drum and bass, progression, progressive based trance-dance-house-techno, etc. The list could go on.

A state of trance and Markus Schulz - global DJ broadcast on di.fm are amazing and I listen every week. I have a premium di.fm account and it's worth every penny to support such great material.

What were you hoping to get out of this thread if I may ask?

Aug 12, 2007 at 7:26 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by coho66 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i don't cater specifically to "trance"...in fact i tend not to even use such explicit categorization of music...

Agreed, been listening to techno/electronic music and its many genres/permutations for a decade, and still hard for me to clarify which sub-genre a song will belong to. Been trying to track down some albums by Push, big fan of his remixes as well.

Aug 12, 2007 at 9:56 AM Post #5 of 11
Moby - In This World [Push Vocal Club Mix] (4:09)

This is the only thing I could find relating to Push on my playlist. Most of my good stuff is part of large mixes in single files.

Aug 13, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #9 of 11
I go in and out of my trance phases. I listen to ASOT weekly, but that's mostly the extent of it at the moment. Last month I got to see Armin in New York which was pretty fun, although the atmosphere wasn't much to my liking. (Given the choice, I prefer a classical concert)

One of my friends is an aspiring DJ. If you're interested, he has a show called obSessions on puresound.fm. If you're not interested, then still check out puresound.fm, they have some good shows.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 13, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #10 of 11
ditto, i have a hard time even reading any magazines and taking it seriously... i recall reading an interview back in the day with the infamous paul van dyk expressing similar sentiments of the overclassification

you're talking about the same push that made "universal nation"? that's a good track....and although i don't recall my thoughts, i'm sure i've heard other songs by him...cosmonautica for starters. unless he's been using an alias, he seems to have been pretty quiet for releases eh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed, been listening to techno/electronic music and its many genres/permutations for a decade, and still hard for me to clarify which sub-genre a song will belong to. Been trying to track down some albums by Push, big fan of his remixes as well.

Aug 13, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #11 of 11
haha,

edit->[although they're not trance stations], i personally like "whatupbitch.com" for streaming radio.... ravetraxx is pretty consistent, and there's a few di.fm stations i like: lounge, breaks, and chillout

Users who are viewing this thread

Back