Any thoughts on the Burson Conductor 3 Reference w/ Sennheiser HD 800S?
Sep 21, 2021 at 7:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Khitzi

New Head-Fier
Hi.

I recently bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 800S headphones which I absolutely adore. I am currently still using them with an inexpensive Schiit Magni 3 Heresy/Modi 3 stack that got for my old headphones. I'm looking to upgrade and I've got my eye on the Burson Conductor 3 Reference, as I like the idea of an all in one and have been offered a brand new unit for £1300. This a good deal in the UK, I think - but it's still a lot more than I've ever spent on a dac/amp before.

First of all, is this a good match for my HD 800S headphones?
Second, is this going to be a significant upgrade on what I currently use?

Thanks in advance! :)

Feb 5, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #2 of 3
Hi.

I recently bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 800S headphones which I absolutely adore. I am currently still using them with an inexpensive Schiit Magni 3 Heresy/Modi 3 stack that got for my old headphones. I'm looking to upgrade and I've got my eye on the Burson Conductor 3 Reference, as I like the idea of an all in one and have been offered a brand new unit for £1300. This a good deal in the UK, I think - but it's still a lot more than I've ever spent on a dac/amp before.

First of all, is this a good match for my HD 800S headphones?
Second, is this going to be a significant upgrade on what I currently use?

Thanks in advance! :)
Hi! Did you end up getting the burson? And if so, how does it pair with the HD 800s?
Best

Feb 5, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi! Did you end up getting the burson? And if so, how does it pair with the HD 800s?
Best
Don't do that, I ran the Burston Reference 3X (2000€) with the HD800S and compared it with the RME ADI-2 FS (about 1000€). I can only say that the RME was very similar in signature (both with an DA ESS-chip), yet a little better in overall performance. In addition, the Burston was even defective and I read that they once again make problems and the service is not optimal.

I have tested several desktop and portable amplifiers and so far for me were a little better than the ADI only the Hugo 2 and SP3000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back