Any "Talk Radio" lovers here?
Aug 29, 2003 at 1:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

williamgoody

Banned
I've become a fan over the years. ON WABC in NY I particularly like "Curtis and Kuby" in the AM, and catch some of "Batchelor and Alexander" at night.

I used to listen to Imus, but lately he's become nothing but an MSNBC shrill.

See, the "over the air" FM radio here is absolutely abismal, so I need an alternative.

Any one else listen to talk radio. Feel free to share why and who you listen to, if you wish.

Aug 29, 2003 at 2:15 AM Post #3 of 31
I like The Don & Mike Show and Bill O'Reilly. I also try to catch some of the Clarke Howard show on my way home from work. I used to listen to Rush, but he has nothing new to say. Besides, he still continues to defend the right wingers, even when they are wrong. At least Bill O'Reilly has the balls to disagree with both the left and right (a pragmatic quasi-libertarian), so I guess that is why I enjoy listening to him...no sucking up to either side.

Aug 29, 2003 at 3:04 AM Post #5 of 31
Here in PHILA 106.9 open forum featuring Harold CAMPING at 8/30 to 10 pm. from M-F night. Spiritual bible talk show.

Aug 29, 2003 at 3:48 AM Post #6 of 31
Car Talk!

Aug 29, 2003 at 5:04 AM Post #7 of 31
I have been listening to jim rome everyday for the past 9 years. I also try to catch as much of Phil Henry and Tom lykes as much as possible. This is why I sold my portable minidisc player and got an Iriver MP3/FM portable.

Blow me up

Aug 29, 2003 at 11:36 AM Post #8 of 31
Hasn't Lykis radically changed his topics of conversation recently? What's he talking about now?

You could have gotten the Sony MD-NF610, with the AM/FM radio.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 29, 2003 at 12:35 PM Post #9 of 31
The 610 md remote radio works great and has presets and scan. The only drawback is all the wires. LOL. I mean wires from the minidisc from remote then a super mini amp and then earphones. The Sony 615 is much more convenient.

Aug 29, 2003 at 12:36 PM Post #10 of 31
I used to listen to talk radio all day at work, starting with local conservative talk in the morning, rush midday, and another local conservative from 3 - 6. but I found myself becoming too disenchanted with society after listening to story after story of government waste and political correctness, so I gave it up for the most part. now it's pretty much cd's all day at work.

Aug 29, 2003 at 5:38 PM Post #11 of 31
Lykes discusses how to get more tail for the least amount of money. I have to admit he's methods do work. He stopped doing the liberal talk show host thing about 5 years ago and changed to smut radio.

Aug 29, 2003 at 7:05 PM Post #12 of 31
I am a junkie. Help me!

My Favorites:

1. Sean Hannity
2. Michael Savage
3. Rush Limbaugh (he gets a little old after a while)
4. Phil Hendrie (some of his stuff is toooo hilarious!)
5. Coast to Coast A.M.
6. Kim Komando

There is also a show on kind of early on Saturday morning where this lawyer gives advice to people that call in. I forget the name of the show, but its pretty good.

There is one that I hate. Warren Epstein, the pet guy. This dude is a little to fruity for me.

Aug 29, 2003 at 7:30 PM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by fyrfytrhoges
I used to listen to talk radio all day at work, starting with local conservative talk in the morning, rush midday, and another local conservative from 3 - 6. but I found myself becoming too disenchanted with society after listening to story after story of government waste and political correctness, so I gave it up for the most part. now it's pretty much cd's all day at work.

ROTFLMAO!

I didn't need talk radio to become disenchanted with society.
biggrin.gif

Aug 29, 2003 at 8:14 PM Post #14 of 31
no, it just pushed me over the edge.

michael savage is great, but he is not on until midnight here, and of course sean hannity is awesome, a great voice for the conservatives in this country, he is a man of integrity and a true patriot.

Aug 29, 2003 at 8:44 PM Post #15 of 31
When I drove a delivery truck in the 80s I'd listen all day.

Now I pretty much only like listening to old Jean Shepard shows. I've got about 60 loaded on my NJB3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back