Any suggestions?? I'm thinking of buying the MDR-XB920's
Feb 22, 2015 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Andelous

New Head-Fier
Let me introduce myself, I'm Angel from Mexico, and this is one of the few times I come to this forum just to ask for help :) I speak spanish, so, now you know why I have grammar or spelling mistakes :D

I've been looking for a set of headphones that can fit my needs, and I found these: Sony MDR-XB920's.
I love bass, but also I don't want mids and treble to be lacked, so I thought these would be a good option. I tried XB450's, but I felt the bass wasn't there, also, I know 450's may not be compared to 920's, but I want your suggestions :)

I own a pair of MDR EX300's, and I love the bass they have. Compared to XBA-2's, EX300's sound much better for my likings. They do have much better bass, and treble and mids are not as pitchy (I mean, the highs are just too high that they hurt a bit my ears :s) as in the XBA-2's.

Here are some of the songs that represent the kind of music I like.
Katy Perry
 --- E.T. (I love the boom boom in the begining)
 --- Last Friday Night
 --- Legendary Lovers.

Miley Cyrus
 --- We Can't Stop

Selena Gomez
 --- The Heart Wants What It Wants

Taylor Swift
 --- Blank Space
 --- Style

Lady GaGa
 --- Do what you want
 --- Artpop
 --- GUY

Linkin Park
 --- Until it's gone
 --- Final Masquerade.

As you can see, I mostly like pop, and a bit of other genders
Even tho' pop is more of mids and treble, I love when it has that "bass boost" with headphones.
Hope you can help me with which headphones choose.

Please, forgive me if you can't understand some of what I wrote :frowning2:

Thank you :)

Feb 23, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #2 of 3
How much can you spend?

Check out the Dunu DN-1000 hybrid.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-dn-1000/reviews/10120

This will run you $200 USD.

Feb 23, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #3 of 3
Bienvenidos Angel, saludos. How much are you looking to spend? Sounds like strong bass and good mids and smooth treble is what you're after. Momentum, UE6000, Takstar Pro 80, MDR-1R all spring to mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back