Any suggestions- Archos Jukebox not working with X-DAC
Mar 9, 2002 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bhadrara

Head-Fier
Hi ! I have tried connecting the line out of my Archos Jukebox MP3 player with X-DAC (the DAC has both coaxial ans toslink input ) , but i get no sound whatso ever . I have used the Kimber digital cable (with RCA female to mini adapter to connect it to jukebox) as well as the mini optical cable but the results remain the same . Any suggestions ??(Do I need some sort of a converter??)

Mar 9, 2002 at 11:58 PM Post #2 of 6
Are you sure the line-out of the archos is a digital line out? It may simply be a analog line out.

Mar 11, 2002 at 8:45 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by bhadrara
According to the archos website the line out is 'dual stereo ' . Can anyone suggest some sort of a coverter to make it work with X-DAC?

'Dual stereo' apparently means that it has two line outs.

If you insist on making it work with your x-dac, you have to buy an a/d converter that generates a digital signal from the line out of your archos.

Then you can connect your x-dac to the a/d converter.

Of course this doesn't make any sense at all. All you can expect from conversion and re-conversion is quality loss.

Mar 11, 2002 at 5:49 PM Post #6 of 6
You don't need to connect your archos through the xdac. Get a 1/8" to RCA adaptor and plug it directly into your system.

Just to reiterate, you cannot, and do not need to, use the x-dac with your archos. The line-output is already analog and can be plugged directly into whatever you plug your x-dac into now (reciever, headphone amp, ect.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back