Any Smashing Pumpkins fans here?
Dec 26, 2011 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

SoulSyde

Headphoneus Supremus

I found SP just after their release of Siamese Dream in 1993.  From that day on I was hooked.  They helped give purpose to my teenage angst, as well as being a source of musical inspiration throughout my life.  As an adult I still love them every bit as much, but through different glasses.  

For anyone who posts please answer the following question: "What is your favorite SP song?"

For me it's: "Porcelina Of The Vast Oceans"

Dec 26, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #2 of 55
"Drown".

On the Singles Soundtrack.

Killer.

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #9 of 55
MT, please tell me... how is the remaster?  I own every album of theirs, but I haven't pulled the trigger on the Siamese Dream and Gish remasters yet.

I can't wait for the Mellon Collie remaster (speculation)!

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #10 of 55
Oh no, they're definitely going to do it. Because I want them to. I'm excited for Mellon Collie.

Anyway. They sound great to me. I lost my original master of Siamese Dream long ago and almost rebought it today to compare...

Quote:
MT, please tell me... how is the remaster?  I own every album of theirs, but I haven't pulled the trigger on the Siamese Dream and Gish remasters yet.

I can't wait for the Mellon Collie remaster (speculation)!

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #11 of 55
There were so many B-sides from Mellon Collie that were finally released in the Aeroplane box set that I wonder what's left for additional material in a remaster box set.  (fingers crossed that it's amazing)

Jan 1, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #12 of 55
Did anyone like the Zeitgeist album?  Rather sad that all I have is Siamese Dream and Zeitgeist and a handful of singles.  I thought Billy's vocals in Zeitgeist were rather flat and unenthusiastic.  What album would you recommend next for someone who loves Siamese Dream?

Jan 1, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #13 of 55

Quote:
Did anyone like the Zeitgeist album? 

Not particularly, and I'm a big fan.  "Bleeding The Orchid" and "Neverlost" were the only two slightly redeeming songs on that album in my opinion.

What album would you recommend next for someone who loves Siamese Dream?

I'm assuming that you don't have anything other than Siamese Dream and Zeitgeist.  If so, I would recommend Pisces IscariotMellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness, and MACHINA/The Machines of God.  Adore is another great album, but is kind of moody.  I love it, but it might not be your taste.

Jan 1, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #14 of 55
Cherub Rock is my favorite song, but they have so many other songs that are equally amazing.  Through the Eyes of Ruby, Here is no why, Soma are all incredible too.  

Smashing Pumpkins and NIN are my all time favorite groups.
cool.gif

Jan 1, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #15 of 55
1979 and Thru the Eyes of a Ruby are my favourite songs and from my favourite SP album Mellon Collie!

Pity they released Zeitgeist, thought it was poor, especially considering their first albums. Maybe 1 or 2 decent songs but not much heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back