Any site like Head-fi that specializes in portable sources?
Apr 26, 2007 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

stereophile

Head-Fier
Are there any forums like Head-fi that specialize in portable sources?

Yes, I know Head-fi has a source forum, but it usually has less than 1/8 of the number of visitors online as this headphone forum. Makes for much less interactive knowledge available overall.

Does anyone know of a good site or forum that is active as this, has a number of knowledgeable posters like there are here, and is as active as this board (or close to it)?

Apr 26, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #2 of 11
Hi,

No, this is the most active by far unless you go to specific forum boards of the product itself perhaps. Then you will recieve mostly only fanboys though...You can find out almost any question you might have in terms of portable sources, by going to the subforum & intensive use of the search box though. Then start your specific narrowed down thread containing your specific questions between two products, but no doubt its been discussed here before. That would be my advice, research.

Best of luck~

Apr 26, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #3 of 11
I think the problem you'll run into is, although you may find a site that has more active discussion on portable players, they won't be geared towards getting good sound specifically like this board.

Apr 26, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

No, this is the most active by far unless you go to specific forum boards of the product itself perhaps. Then you will recieve mostly only fanboys though...You can find out almost any question you might have in terms of portable sources, by going to the subforum & intensive use of the search box though. Then start your specific narrowed down thread containing your specific questions between two products, but no doubt its been discussed here before. That would be my advice, research.

Best of luck~

This is exactly what I needed to know, and kind of suspected. Yes, all the other sites I've seen are kind of brand-specific, and too full of fanboys...
I'll use search feature. I just thought if there were entire sites like this I'm missing, I should check it out...

Thanks!

Apr 26, 2007 at 8:08 AM Post #6 of 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back