Any Sim Racing Fans?
Nov 11, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #31 of 181
Count yourself luck you have only been waiting a couple months, I have been waiting for it for over a year now. 
angry_face.gif

Nov 11, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #32 of 181
Quote:
Count yourself luck you have only been waiting a couple months, I have been waiting for it for over a year now. 
angry_face.gif

Not really a couple...months...7-8 now.  The teasers look, well, so tantalizing. 
tongue_smile.gif

But I understand SimBin is not a major studio, they just seem like a bunch of guys having a fun time, doing what they like to do...
So I think it might be worth the wait.

Nov 11, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #33 of 181
They seem to be taking every approach NOT to work on GTR3 for some reason. 

It was first mentioned close to 2 years ago, then they decided to derail and milk the Race07 with more add-ons. Then it was stated production was going to start. Then we get more stuff for the "free" series RaceRoom so it makes me wonder just how much work has actually been done or are doing. 

That Lizard Engine should be awesome for sure when its released. I have every SIMBIN game and add-on to date, but I think I am done supporting them till GTR3. 

Nov 11, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #34 of 181
Quote:
They seem to be taking every approach NOT to work on GTR3 for some reason. 

It was first mentioned close to 2 years ago, then they decided to derail and milk the Race07 with more add-ons. Then it was stated production was going to start. Then we get more stuff for the "free" series RaceRoom so it makes me wonder just how much work has actually been done or are doing. 

That Lizard Engine should be awesome for sure when its released. I have every SIMBIN game and add-on to date, but I think I am done supporting them till GTR3. 

I only play GTR2, but with the amount of mods and tracks, the platform has shown no signs of slowing down. I think the problem is they need to get something new and better on the table, and its not easy considering how solid GTR2 is.

Nov 11, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #35 of 181
That reminds me, have you tried raceroom?

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #37 of 181
Quote:
Yep and its pretty solid. Not much of a online community though. 

Ok, so from what I see its free? I guess its purely online? Or can I play offline? 
The graphics look pretty nice.

Nov 12, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #38 of 181
Blimey who now makes C.A.R.S and changed name to slightly mad studios was doing most of the work with the GTR titles. That is one reason we haven´t got GTR 3 yet I imagine. Will see how it goes when it comes out whenever that will be. 
Game stock car is my top sim at the moment I would be happy with just something on that level it would been a big improvement over GTR 2.
rFactor 2 is looking good as long as you have a proper force feedback wheel. It really show the G27 limitations in a really bad way. But I like their non compromising approach to it.
There is tweaks to the controller.ini file which make the G27 work though a bit numbed down.

Nov 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #39 of 181
Quote:
Blimey who now makes C.A.R.S and changed name to slightly mad studios was doing most of the work with the GTR titles. That is one reason we haven´t got GTR 3 yet I imagine. Will see how it goes when it comes out whenever that will be. 
Game stock car is my top sim at the moment I would be happy with just something on that level it would been a big improvement over GTR 2.
rFactor 2 is looking good as long as you have a proper force feedback wheel. It really show the G27 limitations in a really bad way. But I like their non compromising approach to it.
There is tweaks to the controller.ini file which make the G27 work though a bit numbed down.

I really need to update my C.A.R.S. to the newest version and give that a go again, I really liked where they were heading with it last time I played it. Summer months don't let me a lot of game time so hopefully now that its heading towards winter here, that will change. :)

I really like Game Stock Car too, even though its nothing more than a paid mod for rFactor. 

Have they got the triple screen debacle figured out with RF2 yet? I haven't even attempted to use it in months because of that. 

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #40 of 181

Quote:
I really need to update my C.A.R.S. to the newest version and give that a go again, I really liked where they were heading with it last time I played it. Summer months don't let me a lot of game time so hopefully now that its heading towards winter here, that will change. :)

I really like Game Stock Car too, even though its nothing more than a paid mod for rFactor. 

Have they got the triple screen debacle figured out with RF2 yet? I haven't even attempted to use it in months because of that. 

I think that is a bit unfair to Game Stock Car. It´s certainly based on the ISI engine but it´s force feedback and physics is tweaked beyond recognition and the selection of cars is spot on. Insane value really at 19$. The only thing that is just as bad is the AI. In one way it´s a positive sign they didn´t knock their heads blue on that one. AI always suck more or less compared to the real deal but wish it was more usable for practise :frowning2:

Don´t know how it´s with triple monitor on rFactor 2. I take for granted they fix that before release at least. Whenever that may be. I haven´t driven rfactor 2 for months either. C.A.R.S I will get when it´s ready most likely.

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #41 of 181
I played Pole Position all the time before I was old enough to have a drivers license. Learning how to recover from spinning out helped save my mother's car a few times after I got my license.

Haha I use to play that on an Atari 5200 :ph34r:

I liked GT3 quite a bit, and have tried a few others like Dirt 2 and GRID, Prologue, a few more. Speed Racer on the NDS is very good! But what currently gets all my wheel time is the Motorstorm series for the PS3. All three versions rock, but will rank them: Pacific Rift > Apocalypse > Monument Valley.

Nov 12, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #42 of 181
Quote:
Ok, so from what I see its free? I guess its purely online? Or can I play offline? 
The graphics look pretty nice.

Yes it will be free with in-game purchases. From the Simbin site:
RaceRoom Racing Experience is a Free 2 Race concept where a high end racing game is provided for free. The concept offers the opportunity to purchase additional content, thus allowing every user to build the game of their dreams.

When it's finished, you can play it both online and offline. See this article: http://insider.simbin.com/qa-part-4-raceroom-racing-experience-2/ (scroll down)

FYI, it is build using their new RendR engine.

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #43 of 181
Anyone have wheelstand recommendations? I don't have room for a full rig and want something to use with an IKEA Poang chair (which is at the wrong height to attach the wheel to a table).

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #45 of 181
Quote:
Anyone have wheelstand recommendations? I don't have room for a full rig and want something to use with an IKEA Poang chair (which is at the wrong height to attach the wheel to a table).

Here's one hack: http://www.ikeahackers.net/2010/01/xbox-wheel-hack.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back