Any Shpongle fans in the house?!?!?
Jul 12, 2007 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

ChaseD13

500+ Head-Fier
I just heard this "band" today and they are awesome!!! If i had to describe it, i would say it is a more relaxed infected mushroom. What do you guys think of them?

Jul 12, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #3 of 25
Big Shpongle fan here. Many threads here about them, too.

Jul 12, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #5 of 25
Shpongle is easily the most amazing psy-trance (although they cannot simply be put into one genre) I've ever heard. Some of the most dense and complex layering and production of ANY music I've ever heard. I keep hearing new sounds and effects with each headphone upgrade.

The only thing better than listening to a Shpongle album on a high-end headphone rig is listening to Shpongle on a high-end headphone rig on a mind-altering substance.
eek.gif
blink.gif
lambda.gif

Jul 12, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibborando /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only thing better than listening to a Shpongle album on a high-end headphone rig is listening to Shpongle on a high-end headphone rig on a mind-altering substance.
eek.gif
blink.gif
lambda.gif

QFT!

Jul 13, 2007 at 7:29 AM Post #8 of 25
I should have their 2007 album ariving via Amazon today or early next week. I have high hopes for this album. Too bad most of their releases seem to be out of print. Quite pricey at Amazon. The only one Amazon themselves have "in stock" ships 4-5 weeks after purchase. So I bought from an individual
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 10:48 AM Post #14 of 25
I have to hear this band!
What's the best album to start with? I know of three (Have You Been, one with a blue cover/floating head whose name escapes me, & the Remix CD)...

smily_headphones1.gif

(Yeah, I know, SEARCH!)

Jul 13, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #15 of 25
Thy the search field is ones friend.
Please view wikipedia if you want to learn more about this music project, which is not considered a band.
I chimed in on this additional shpongle thread to help illustrate that this musical experience is more a mental stimulation and exercise for your senses, as well as simply wonderful soundscapes and amazingly produced analog waves of layers...Also, this music does NOT require the listener to be on mind altering substances, and just for the record, these albums are for every serious and casual listener. In plain fact, it is quite worth it to hear all their catalog stuff on a dynamite headphone system in the dark. I used to have a quote from shpongle on my sig here for many months..
"kippered, mashed, smashed, destroyed, COMPLETELY GESCHTONKENFLAPPED" ...
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back