Any Sennheiser that can touch a Audio-Techica A900?
Oct 22, 2004 at 6:23 AM Post #61 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
I stand by my headphone's bass.

ATH-A900 delivers good, detailed bass and lots of it...and I'm a bass head!

People make up things all the time to diss a product, especially if it's not a sennheiser HD650.

I thought the a900s had alot of bass, but I found the lower end bass to be tight, but the mid bass very sloppy.. it really ruined it for me.

Oct 22, 2004 at 6:32 AM Post #62 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by adamofwales
Very informative, very as-a-matter-of-fact

I would go one step further and say, A900s are the best headphone period below $250. How do I know that I can say that??? Because if you're only going to spend $250 or less on *one* pair of headphones, this is the pair to get...

It can basically do anything you want, except make you look cool when you're walking around on the street, in which case you probably need a pair of Etymotic er6i's. But as far as stationary indoor use is concerned, it really appears as though the A900 is the end all be all.

I wouldn't say that the A900s are the end all be all. It may be for some, but not everyone. It would depend on your personal tastes. I like my er4s alot better than my a900s when I still had them. Also, I would find the K501s (which are well below the $250 price point) vastly superior to the A900s.
I find that the A900s have too much colouration for my tastes.

Oct 22, 2004 at 6:38 AM Post #63 of 66
Quote:

Wrong, I just looked it up on headphone.com, it's most definitely open

Bzzzt! WRONG!
DT660 is most definitely closed (it says so on the Beyerdynamic webpage itself). HeadRoom is mistaken. Maybe I'll send an email to them notifying them of their mistake.
But in either case, DT660 is closed, without a doubt in the world.

Oct 22, 2004 at 6:52 AM Post #64 of 66
posted by Adamofwales-
Quote:

For those who will argue that some open can such as a Grado is better, the response I have for you is quite simple: sound stage

Quote:

You don't get a good sound stage in open cans

While your claim that the Grados not having much soundstage is true, your claim that most open cans don't have soundstage due to being open is certainly false beyond words. In fact, it is well known that it is the other way around. Most open cans have engineering on their side to produce a more realistic/airy/wide soundstage. The 650's your were talking about, as well as both the 580 & 600, have wonderful soundstage and is due to the fact that they're open, seemingly projecting the sound outside and in front of your head. Some closed phones (not all) have problems with creating good soundstage because of the sometimes bad reflection/reverberation effects they have due to their closed nature. These reflections, for example(IMHO), is what I think contributes to the A900/W1000's odd syrupy/nasaly midrange that is good for only a small portion of certain types of music. So again, open phones have the soundstage advantage right off the bat by nature because of their open design.

Oct 22, 2004 at 6:55 AM Post #65 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrie
Bzzzt! WRONG!
DT660 is most definitely closed (it says so on the Beyerdynamic webpage itself). HeadRoom is mistaken. Maybe I'll send an email to them notifying them of their mistake.
But in either case, DT660 is closed, without a doubt in the world.

Well, headroom needs to pull it's head out... Sorry for acussing you Kyrie and Nierika

beyerdt660.gif

These are worth further investigation.

Oct 22, 2004 at 7:07 AM Post #66 of 66
Here's a little something I found at this thread.

snag1.gif

DT660 vs. A900 may need a dedicated thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back