Any Sealed Headphones without over-the-head band?
Mar 21, 2006 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

mjrusso45

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of Grado SR80's at home and love them. I also listen to music at work while I program. Nothing spectacular, just a pair of Sennheiser HD-201. Sealed is very important as I don't want to bother co-workers with my music (kind of loud).
The problem it the Senn's give me a bad case of "headphone-hair". What I would like is a good (or decent) pair of cans that are sealed and are behind the head or in some way don't mess up my hair at work.

Any ideas are really appreciated.

Mar 21, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 10
as far as i know there are no headphones that provide a good seal and have a neck band. there are a few cheapies that have a closed design, but my experience is that they don't provide much isolation.

if you really need lots of isolation without getting headphone hair, you'll have to go the In Ear Monitor (IEM) route, like the new Sennheiser CX300's, Sony EX-71's, Shure's, Etymotics or Ultimate-Ears.

Mar 21, 2006 at 6:25 PM Post #6 of 10
I guess I just don't like the feeling of IEM's. Plus I will be wearing them a large portion of the day, and I think they will become more uncomfortable the longer I wear them.

I should probably drop the isolation requirement (I shouldn't be listening to music that loud anyway) and get a pair of Koss KSC 55 or something similar.

Mar 21, 2006 at 6:45 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by winged creature
what about the PCX- 200?? they have the street style neckband

Sorry, I'm not familiar with those. Who makes them? Do you have a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back