any reviews for ipod nano 7G?
Oct 19, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #2 of 8
Are we not on the 6th generation the multitouch?

Oct 19, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #3 of 8
I have a new Nano - at the new price and with the firmware upgrade.

As far as I'm concerned it is basically the same as the 6G, although I have seen on some sites like iFixit that there is meant to be a difference.

Oct 22, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #5 of 8
Yes - you get the same features via a firmware upgrade.

Make sure you get a warranty, though. I first got a  6G Nano in September last year - within a few weeks the sleep/wake button got stuck and was completely unresponsive. I got a replacement straight away and I ended up giving that Nano to my friend's wife. It's still OK after nearly a year's use.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/513288/nano-6g-impression/75

My new Nano, I took out an extra year's warranty because that experience made me slightly nervous about its happening again.

Great player, though.

Oct 22, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #6 of 8
Does anyone know how to calibrate the new Nike+?  It's great that you don't have to use the dongle and shoe gizmo anymore...but I can't seem to figure out how to calibrate this new version.  And the new version is very innacurate.  On a 2.5 mile run it's about a quarter mile off. 

There is something in the settings that says recalibrate....but from there it does nothing. 

Oct 22, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #7 of 8
I can't even find recalibrate in the settings of mine... I would guess that you may have to restore the entire device..

You're right - it isn't as accurate as a gps program, but it is accurate concerning the number of steps taken re walking.

Oct 22, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #8 of 8
The recalibrate is in the general settings under fitness.  But once you hit the reset...nothing happens.  Like you'd think it would tell you to go run 400 meters and then stop.  But I can't figure that out.  Huh.  Must be some sort of glitch in that software.  I have run with this new one 3 times....but they have all been on an arm band.  Maybe I will try it on my waist band next time out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back