any review about futuresonics ear moniter?
Oct 21, 2005 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kant

New Head-Fier
I think here is the only place I can get help.
I'm look for a good IEM,it is easy to find some review about ue10s,es3s,2x-s,it's realy very help.I thought about 2x-s before cus their soft fit.but after read some review here,it seems their service have some problem,and it get proved,I emailed them,but get no answer.
I emailed to futuresonic for some question,got super fast and detailed reply.I know all the four IEMs above are expensive,I dont want spend money with risk,so,2x-s first out.
futuresonics,I do lots of googles and search here,but it seems there is no even one helpful review.I think they are all the top grade,but why futuresonics much cheaper,700 compare 800-950? How about sound? I beleive someone among us(maybe you,I always watching aside what you are talking) already have it.
I appreciate for sharing the info.

Oct 22, 2005 at 11:54 PM Post #2 of 6
I think no answer is the answer.
But,future sonics do have a excellent customer service.I emailed to them two message in late night, one get answer in an hour, another one get the next morning.The answer is not an auto reply one,very detail to my different question.

Compare to 2x-s,my 2 email just like into water.I notice it's not only me,seems some of you get the same. I won't bother them anymore.

Oct 23, 2005 at 12:28 AM Post #3 of 6
I believe futuresonics is known for its bass. However, on this forum, UE10 Pro is well known. I believe you will not be disappointed going for a UE10 Pro.

Oct 23, 2005 at 3:32 AM Post #4 of 6
I am THIS close to purchasing a set of custom FutureSonics.

As I've stated before...I am extreeeemely pleased with the overall sound quality of their universal fit earphones.
I've tried the Ultimate Ears SuFi EB's, & a set of Shure dual driver IEMs (not sure exactly which model) and I much prefer the FS earphones.

-I should state that I was using them EXCLUSIVELY for on-stage use with a band...NOT with my CD or mp3 player.-

Only recently have I started using them with my Nano and, I gotta say, I love how "meaty" FutureSonics sound. It really is quite different from the UE EB's and Shure models.

Soon, I am going back out on the road and I just don't wanna deal with foamies anymore. With all the sweat on my hands from playing (bass guitar) and all the cigarette smoke, smoke machines, and everything else... the foamies just aren't practical for me.

I've thought long and hard about getting the UE7pro's but, my experience with the shure dual armature model was a let down. Would the triple drivers of the UE7 really blow me away? Maybe. I dunno but, at 850 US dollars...I don't wanna think about "maybe".
The UE10s, from what I've read, have a bit of a brightness to them that accentuates the vocals. That's great for some applications but, probably not for my situation.
I gave some seeerious thought to getting the UE-Hybrids but, they don't block out all that much ambient noise. I am in love with the idea of having an actual diaphram in there to pump out some low-end but, at the end of the day, I don't wanna have to battle everyone elses stage volume by turning up my in ear mix. Part of the appeal of IEMs is the "less is more" thang.

So, I've decided to go with the custom MG4's by FS. If they are, somehow, better than their universal fit earphones....I know I will be happy. They can give me punch and detail. Low-end AND definition. That's all a musician can really ask for. Especially for someone like me that plays Bass AND sings harmonies in a band that uses sequences and live protools.

And...last but not least...FutureSonics are a much more affordable. They don't use three drivers per earpiece so, their products are less expensive. Less parts=less money.

Marty and Dave at FS are very attentive. Always have been.

Sorry if it's sounding like I work for the company or something like that but, this thread came up almost the same day I went and got my impressions made to ship to FS.

Oct 23, 2005 at 8:03 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks a lot for answering a newbie's question and long writing,it's really help.
Trucker, you mention "low-end", do you mean MG4s? It's not like 1000USD, but still $600, just get a low-end things? Maybe I misunderstood?
I had a hard time to choose between ue10,2x-s,FS MG4,and es3. They are all good, but no one perfect, due to price, service, durable..... I even give up. Maybe I could have a better choice, a HD650+amp, then I get everything except portable? Oh, alot work to do then make a decision, so my grado sr60 could still serve me for a while.
I hope I will be happy with my next purchase, my wallet dont allow me make too many collection.
tongue.gif

Oct 23, 2005 at 12:41 PM Post #6 of 6
Woops.
When I said "low end", I was referring to the amount of bass, NOT that they were lower in quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back