Any recommended amps for LOWERING sub bass?
Mar 15, 2018 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tens245

New Head-Fier
Hi,

As the (likely unusual) topic title suggests, does anyone have any recommendations for amps that might reduce sub-bass (but not necessarily mid-bass)? I'm talking about dampening the response from the around 20hz to 50-60hz range. The reason for this being that my headphones heightened sub-bass response makes the bass beat a bit too punchy for me in many contemporary songs.

Just wanted to see what was out there. Thanks!

Mar 16, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #3 of 3
As the (likely unusual) topic title suggests, does anyone have any recommendations for amps that might reduce sub-bass (but not necessarily mid-bass)? I'm talking about dampening the response from the around 20hz to 50-60hz range. The reason for this being that my headphones heightened sub-bass response makes the bass beat a bit too punchy for me in many contemporary songs.

Use an amp with high output impedance and pray it cuts the bass instead of boosting it...but then when that happens you get something like a K701 that sounds even more like a tin can (though with a really airy, precise imaging tin can, if you go with an OTL amp).

Why not just use an EQ app? If you're using a PC as source then run Equalizer APO and use a low shelf paramteric filter to cut 50hz and a little bit of 60hz and below.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back