Any recommendations for dac/amp for DT880? Is Topping DX1 good enough?
Feb 24, 2023 at 4:01 AM Post #2 of 6
It's 50mw at 300ohm which isn't the best for those. I have them and the DX3 Pro+ does a great job, especially if you equalize which reduces power with a preamp reduction needed most times.
On Ebay if you can get a Magni HeresyModi stack, or JDS Atom amp DAC stack they'll sound great equalized. I've seen the DX3Pro on ebay well under that budget. The 250 ohm are harder to drive because of their sensitivity.
If they get loud enough stock for you, you can eq the treble down if needed, or diyaudioheaven did a great article called Taming the treble as well with tips.
I really like the detail, and bass that doesn't drown everything else out.

Feb 24, 2023 at 6:25 AM Post #3 of 6
It's 50mw at 300ohm which isn't the best for those. I have them and the DX3 Pro+ does a great job, especially if you equalize which reduces power with a preamp reduction needed most times.
On Ebay if you can get a Magni HeresyModi stack, or JDS Atom amp DAC stack they'll sound great equalized. I've seen the DX3Pro on ebay well under that budget. The 250 ohm are harder to drive because of their sensitivity.
If they get loud enough stock for you, you can eq the treble down if needed, or diyaudioheaven did a great article called Taming the treble as well with tips.
Thanks for your comment on it. The DT880 is 250 Ohm and 96 dB/mW. Maybe I could buy some amp in the future. I suppose that if I don't equalize DT880 Ohm, the power should be enough, right?

Feb 24, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #4 of 6
Why DX1 attract me than DX3pro+ is because it take only 79 dollars in China's Taobao, while DX3 pro+ is 173 dollors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back