Any recommendations for a neutral earbud in the $50 USD range?
Jul 19, 2023 at 5:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Question2

100+ Head-Fier
Ive tried and liked the Yuin PK2 and Ksearphone LBBS. I was going to get another LBBS till i was told that Ksearphone has bad QC, so im wondering if there are any good alternatives you guys can recommend in the $50 USD range?

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #3 of 14
Have you tried Nicehck eb2s pro ?
I just bought the eb2s actually because i saw it for dirt cheap...but it wasnt listed as the pro...that might explain why the eb2s was so cheap...

Is the pro significantly better than the regular eb2s? Someone told me the regular eb2s was very similar to the yuin pk2, how true is this?

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #5 of 14
Yes. Pro is much better.
Its also much more expensive :frowning2:. Nearly double the price.

Anyway, i pulled out my old yuin pk2s and did a comparison with the nicehck diy mx500. The pk2s sound much better...the clarity blows the mx500 out of the water. The mx500s sound muddy and it is difficult to hear details like cymbals in the background. The pk2 also has cleaner bass IMHO.

I cant find any comparison of the eb2s with the nicehck diy mx500 unfortunately. Do i think i should skip the eb2s and go with the pro, or skip both entirely and get something else?

Jul 20, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #9 of 14
Yes he does.
Well, i cancelled my eb2s order and ordered an eb2s pro. Its still cheap enough that it doesnt break the bank for me.

Still, i was dissapointed when I did the comparison with the Nicehck diy mx500 and the yuin pk2...the mx500 sounds quite muddy and lacking in clarity. I know they have completely different price points but its hard to enjoy the mx500 now.

Do you happen to know the eb2s pro stacks up with the ksearphone LBBS or yuin pk2 btw?

Honestly, i wanted to try the yuin ok2 but the price is way out of my range and it still hasnt dropped at all after more than 10 years...

Jul 26, 2023 at 2:31 AM Post #10 of 14
Testing out the eb2s pro now. I can hear an impressive amount of detail and it does sound similar to the yuin pk2 and ksearphone lbbs. The problem im having is that the fit is quite bad, at least for me. It might be that the drivers are slightly bigger (15.4mm) or the shape of the shell, but i can feel the earbuds and they feel like they are blocking up my ear. Its a very distracting feeling.

I think i have smaller ears than on average though, so it might not be the earphone's fault.

Which is a shame, it sounds really good (except for the bass), and considering the price is about USD $25, its amazing. I can live with sub par bass, but the fit and comfort might be a deal breaker for me.

I do think my pk2s sound better though, although im not sure if they are real pk2s or have been damaged as they are a very old pair. they are the "new" version with the gray logo (the original uses white). one thing i noticed when doing a comparison is that the PK2s sound much "louder" at the same volume, especially with stuff like drums.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #13 of 14
It's to be expected that some earbuds will sound louder than others at the same volume. Impedance and sensitivity vary, which is to say that different earbuds put out more or less volume from the same signal. If you can find specs for both sets, you'll probably find different impedances or different sensitivity ratings.

https://www.themasterswitch.com/headphone-impedance-sensitivity-explained

Jul 30, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #14 of 14
It's to be expected that some earbuds will sound louder than others at the same volume. Impedance and sensitivity vary, which is to say that different earbuds put out more or less volume from the same signal. If you can find specs for both sets, you'll probably find different impedances or different sensitivity ratings.

https://www.themasterswitch.com/headphone-impedance-sensitivity-explained
NiceHCK eb2s pro :

IMPEDANCE: 32Ω
SENSITIVITY: 112dB

Yuin PK2 :

Impedance:16±4ohm(at 1KHz)
Sensitivity:108±3dB(at 1KHz)

Im pretty sure the PK2 has significantly better bass though. Which is surprising because they arent supposed to have good bass, think thats something they tried to improve in the new version with the gray logo. Im not sure if im a fan of the PK2's bass because it can sound overpowering on some tracks (for me anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back