any recent news on cracking super.fi.5 pros?
May 9, 2007 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

OpusRob

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, mine have finally snapped. I am wondering if you still have to send back the accessories (mine are mostly lost, stolen etc.), and if the case they send is still of somewhat poor quality compared to that metal one. Mine are the clear ones - does that matter in any way? Is there an issue with cables still? thanks for any input - I am most concerned about the accessories, since mine were stolen a while back.

May 9, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #2 of 7
I believe they ship the new, V2 cables with the new product. You're supposed to send with all accessories included, but I've read stories of people not having them, and they didn't mind. Just send an e-mail. You'll deal with a nice, personal rep.

May 9, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miester_V /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What did you do to crack it? How much abuse can these phones take?

If you have the old 5 pro's (black cable), it's just a matter of "when" they will be cracked. When I got my first pair back in last feb, the housing cracked within a month. Sent them back, got my 2nd pair, cracked again within a WEEK! Finally my 3rd pair was the new ones (housing covered in black gloss and clear cable) and never had a problem since.

May 9, 2007 at 6:09 AM Post #7 of 7
Mine didn't crack, but they came apart at the seal. Dunno how. It got progressively worse, though, as they managed to easily fall apart without me touch them. I almost lost that clear square that says UE on it because it would fall out when the housing would split open. I figured it wouldn't be smart of me to superglue it myself, as I wasn't sure if that'd void the warranty, so I sent them in, not only getting a new pair, but it had the new cable. It's too bad I sold that new package, as I would've liked to try the V2 cable. While they were gone though, I realized that I couldn't stand the size and fit, so I had to sell it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back