Any Reccomendations to Mod my MS-1 comfy pads ?
Dec 27, 2005 at 11:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

HeadLamp

New Head-Fier
Hi all,
Finally I got my MS-1. It was all because of you people out there that today I have them. Initially I was thinking of a SR-60/80 but then this great forum drove me towards the best posssible option in $100 range and I took your suggestion. I never got to audition them before I bought them even then the reccomendations were so strong that I felt SCARED to against them....
biggrin.gif

Now...it has arrived and I am enjoying it for the past 45 days. It has come with the Comfy pads, which is infact comfortable.

But once I tried to listen to it without any pads and found the mids to be much better pronounced and revealing and so were the highs. Even the bass got a better DEFINATION......now i want to know if I can modify these pads.

I had read somewhere that I can give it a warm soap solution treatment...but really dont know the advantage of that..
Also can I try and cut a hole in the center of the pad.....will that give any negative impacts........pleeeeeeeeeeeese help me I cant take any risk on my own.....
confused.gif

Dec 28, 2005 at 9:20 AM Post #4 of 7
Thanks all you buddies....now that has given me the confidence that i can go ahead and a cut a hole in the comfy pads.

What about the warm soap solution treatment ?? Is there any truth in this mod ?

Normally whats the break-in period for this headphone. It has almost done 130 hours by now...

Dec 28, 2005 at 11:08 AM Post #6 of 7
If I were you, I'd forget about the quarter mod and would buy a pair of Grado bowl pads instead. And if you want some extra bass for a little extra cash, the flat pads from Todd the Vinyl Junkie.

Dec 28, 2005 at 11:32 AM Post #7 of 7
Buddies,
Just now I cut a hole into the pads.....the I cut it just as big so as to expose all the holes on the driver. I dont know whether i have done the right thing or i should have cut it a bit smaller but the mids and highs have immediately opened up, infact its a bit on the face now. The comfort levels of the cans have dropped a bit as the inner surface is sometimes directly touching the ears. But I think its anytime sounding better than before.....I will let you know more once I hear it for an extended period.

THANK GOD THE BASS IS NOT REDUCED (NEGATIVELY AFFECTED).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back