Any reasons why I shouldn't buy import CDs?
Mar 30, 2008 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Luminette

1000+ Head-Fier
I've found some great pricing on brand new japanese import anime / video game OSTs that I would like to snag..

I've just always been wary of catching bootlegs and foreign this and that.. but these are plainly legit so.. at 6 bucks per new cd (shipped), can I be going wrong? I just want to be extra cautious and make sure I get what I want before I plop down the money on these

It doesn't seem like there are any real differences, but if you can offer any details, anything, please do!

Mar 31, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #4 of 28
they are legit, they are just japanese imports which are easier to get licensing for and can be turned around and sold much cheaper than the american releases.. i am going to go ahead and dive on this pending one last e-mail response to the last of my questions.. still post if you have anything to help
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #8 of 28
I buy from overseas a lot. In fact, I frequently get faster shipping from the UK than from the US. I don't think I've bought anything from Japan, but I have bought from Hong Kong and it's usually $10 just for shipping.

Mar 31, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #9 of 28
eBay Seller: dr.hiatt: CDs, Music items on eBay.com

have exchanged a handful of e-mails with the seller, if you're interested in purchasing these and have questions / concerns, I will gladfully share the e-mails with you, just PM me

as a result of his confirmations, I am spending about 100 dollars on his CDs

Apr 1, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #12 of 28
My wife buys a lot of Hello Project singles and full album releases. She typically spends around $36 per CD.

I don't see any reason to not buy imports. They often come with extra booklets, DVD material, and posters/stickers (depending on what music you listen to, I imagine...).

All I know is that they make my wife happy. Therefore, I'm happy.

Nylan

Apr 1, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #13 of 28
have spoken with the guy, and with his ample and 99.6 positive feedback, and seeing others feedback commenting on him selling sealed boxed sets etc, and his own stating that these are in no way bootlegs or ripoffs at all, that they are entirely legal ones that are simply japanese imports. he says it's a lot cheaper to get licensing abroad. he definitely knows the scoop on rip off boot leg stuff, and has comforted a quite paranoid me that these are indeed legit, simply imported.

here's the first e-mail response he gave me:

"[size=xx-small]Thanks for your message. Let me be frank with you. These are NOT CD-R, burned, homespun or anything like that. They are all shrinkwrapped in their retail packaging and look just like the pics. These are however IMPORTED CDs and NOT the US release soundtracks. They are licensed abroad and we import them 100% legally (customs inspects every box and we pay the 2.7% import duty on each shipment). The licenses are aquired abroad and are therefore much cheaper than the US release CDs. Since there is no region 1-8 thing like on DVDs, the foreign import versions play just fine in any CD player worldwide.

If you want the US release versions go to Amazon or some specialty store and get them for $40+ per CD. But if you are ok with an import with identical content and totally professional (and legal) packaging then you’ve come to the right place.

[/size]

[size=xx-small]Again these are NOT CD-R or homemade, we sell 1,000s of these all the time to resellers and other distrubutors too. You can check out some of the other selections at our affiliate site at:

Anime & Video Game (CDs) - ShopSphiatt.com

let me know if you need anything. If you are interested in 100 CDs or more I can sell them to you at a wholesale rate of $5 per CD and free shipping.

second response:

"[size=xx-small]As stated on our auctions its $5.95 for the first CD for shipping and $4.95 for each additional title if you buy through ebay. That is basically to cover the huge 8% ebay selling commissions. They are crazy now.[/size]"

As I said the imported ones are legally imported and they are licensed in other countries. As you can imagine the most expensive place to get a license to market and sell an asian DVD is in the US and Europe where $$$ is greater in general. The poorer Asian countries are sold legal licensing rights for their specific countries for exactly the same CDs at a fraction of the US cost. Importing them from there costs a little bit but the licensed companies require much less profit and its much easier to get them through them as a reseller.

One note though, the $0.01 listing option on Ebay is ending tomorrow so any auctions up after that will be higher in price to compensate for the listing fees Ebay is charging us. We only got into selling these on Ebay because of the $0.01 listing option this week.[/size]
"

So.. I have pounced.

Apr 1, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #15 of 28
also, we should somehow combine a certain way so there may be possibility of getting it cheaper (considering the 100cd for $5 per and free shipping)

then u would just basically split that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back