Any reason to buy Sony A810 instead of A726?
Jun 6, 2008 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

geepondy

New Head-Fier
Both are the same price at Circuit City. I believe both use the same Sony audio enhancement technologies including the EX series headphones. The A726 is newer and has a bigger screen so I was wondering is there a reason to still buy the A810 over the A726?

Jun 8, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #4 of 8
A810 and A726 both have the same resolution screen so even though the screen is bigger you don't actually "see" more if you get what I mean.

A810 has better ergonomics for me and the body is entirely metal except for the buttons. A726 is pretty much all plastic except the front bottom area where the buttons are.

Jun 8, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #5 of 8
I actually preferred my A816 when I had it. The larger screen didn't really do anything for me because I didn't use it as a video player. Other than that, I didn't see a real difference. I ended up selling both though for the D2.

Jun 8, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #6 of 8
I'm holding my A829 in my hands right now and I believe that almost the entire back of the player, excluding the very top, is made of some sort of metallic alloy. The front where the buttons are appears to made of the same alloy. You probably wouldn't notice this until the unit becomes cool. Hope this helps.

Jun 8, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually preferred my A816 when I had it. The larger screen didn't really do anything for me because I didn't use it as a video player. Other than that, I didn't see a real difference. I ended up selling both though for the D2.

Why so.

Jun 8, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A810 and A726 both have the same resolution screen so even though the screen is bigger you don't actually "see" more if you get what I mean.

A810 has better ergonomics for me and the body is entirely metal except for the buttons. A726 is pretty much all plastic except the front bottom area where the buttons are.

i think you are thinking of something else because the 72x are made of metal.
even the bottom area. and as for ergonomics, its pretty decent because its easier to hold with it being bigger and the controls are good for either hand. plus the hold button is in the right place, on the side instead of the back. the screen is just easier to see, res is no higher that is true, but bigger is bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back