Any Really Nice Older DAPs That Don't Play Hi-Rez?
May 28, 2020 at 1:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jthew

Head-Fier
Hi All! I'm in the market for a used DAP. I don't need anything beyond redbook lossless quality. I'm hoping that, because of this, the demand for such a used device may be very low, and that I may be able to get a great deal on a DAP that was the envy of all when it originally came out. Can anyone think of any used DAPs that fit the bill?

May 28, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi All! I'm in the market for a used DAP. I don't need anything beyond redbook lossless quality. I'm hoping that, because of this, the demand for such a used device may be very low, and that I may be able to get a great deal on a DAP that was the envy of all when it originally came out. Can anyone think of any used DAPs that fit the bill?
Well most for the past 5 years or so will do HI-Rez and if you go beyond that you are having to worry about the battery so not sure what you are trying to achieve.

May 29, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #3 of 4
Well most for the past 5 years or so will do HI-Rez and if you go beyond that you are having to worry about the battery so not sure what you are trying to achieve.

Sometimes things that don't have the latest and greatest get deemed obsolete. When that happens, the price on the used market can drop dramatically. I'm looking for a great sounding used dap with lots of power and a nice dac, that may have a price well below it's sound, only because it can't do hi-rez.

May 29, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #4 of 4
What's your budget? You're almost certainly better off getting a new, low price modern DAP than getting something 5 or 10 years old. Technology has improved, and not just in terms of hi-res support but in terms audio capabilities for small devices, responsiveness and support for expandable storage options like SDXC. Plus, as buke9 mentioned, unless you get a device with an easily replaceable battery you're just gonna give yourself a headache down the road, even if the battery isn't bad already they have a limited lifespan

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back