Any Quality Control Issues regarding the the HE-5LE?
May 21, 2010 at 1:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

DavidMahler

Headphoneus Supremus
i owned two pairs of he-5 (non LE version) and I returned them both because they were both defective.  I am presently stuck with an aftermarket cable, and I would possibly invest in the LE version if it were known to me about the QC of this product.  I am very hesitant to invest in a Head-Direct product after this experience.  Please share any known QC issues in this thread.  If there are none, I will probably be happy to invest in a pair of the LE.

May 21, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #2 of 15
We apologize that you have problem of HE-5. An important reason that we release HE-5LE and discontinue HE-5 is because HE-5 have 5% wood crackling rate. Defective rate of HE-5LE is much lower than HE-5 because we use a high grade plastic casing.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 21, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #3 of 15
Neither of my pairs of HE-5 had cracked wood.   The first one had a driver which failed after a few hours.  And the second one had an stripped interconnect where I could not get the cable to connect to the headphone, even with a switched cable.

I just want to know if there are any people experiencing QC issues with the new line before I invest.

May 22, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #8 of 15

Quote:
We apologize that you have problem of HE-5. An important reason that we release HE-5LE and discontinue HE-5 is because HE-5 have 5% wood crackling rate. Defective rate of HE-5LE is much lower than HE-5 because we use a high grade plastic casing.

Quote:
I don't think we have big QC issue because very few customer have problem other than wood crackling (two or three out of hundreds).

Really now? Why do I receive HE-5s that have cracked wood out of the box? Can't even bother to inspect your headphones before shipping out? I've already lost $140 to shipping thanks to pathetic build quality and several weeks of downtime, not to mention getting several white hairs trying to deal with your extremely inconsistent customer service. You know what, I think it is too much to expect any recompose for my lost time, shipping money or stress involved in this. Just if you could please refund my HE-5 + EF-5 combo, and I promise I'll never need to practically slander upon your company again just to be heard.

May 22, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #9 of 15
Very sorry to hear about your problem. We carefully checked all products before shipping, but HE-5 wood crackling happened when environment temperature and moisture change. Please understand that our factory located in Southern China where weather is very different from Canada.

When did you ship your package back? Do you have a tracking number? We always make our refund as soon as we received return products.

As I mentioned before, because HE-5 have about 5% wood crackling problem,  we decide to discontinue HE-5 and release to HE-5LE.  Besides wood issue, we only have two or three customers have other defective problems (out of several hundred).

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 22, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #10 of 15

Quote:
Very sorry to hear about your problem. We carefully checked all products before shipping, but HE-5 wood crackling happened when environment temperature and moisture change. Please understand that our factory located in Southern China where weather is very different from Canada.

When did you ship your package back? Do you have a tracking number? We always make our refund as soon as we received return products.

As I mentioned before, because HE-5 have about 5% wood crackling problem,  we decide to discontinue HE-5 and release to HE-5LE.  Besides wood issue, we only have two or three customers have other defective problems (out of several hundred).

Package and tracking number is sent already. However, I won't disclose the email on which it was sent on, nor the sender's name. I'll leave it for you at Head Direct to redeem yourselves. If you do, I can finally say something nice about this whole experience.

May 22, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #14 of 15
I have to say I had issues with the HE-5 but they always made good by me. It took awhile for some things but they
definitely take care of their customers. The build quality from the HE-5 to the LE is night and day IMO. You don't have to worry about any cracking and the fit and finish is a step up for sure.

May 22, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #15 of 15
Fit and finish of the HE-5LEs seems very good, have had them with me for a week now. I have not used them enough to comment on wear and tear, but since there are no obvious build issues I suspect they are quite durable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back