any protable amp suggestions for my HFI-780?
Nov 8, 2008 at 4:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

alex804

New Head-Fier
Well.. I just bought Ultrasone hfi-780 and wanna to buy portable amp for it. n I am plan to use pcdp sony d-335 lineout to my 'future amp'. Anyone have some suggestions for amp <300 USD? THX
biggrin.gif

PS: I use to listen pop, rock n metal song. n I find that my 780's treble a bit over.

Nov 8, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #2 of 10
The treble on the HFI-780 will settle a bit, but it will take a good 400 hours of burn in.

I would say that the SR71A would be a good match but it is over your budget. So would the TTVJ Millet Portable Amp. These two amps are mellower than some of the offerings from others.

In your price I would say get the MiniBox-E+. Then change the two AD8610 op-amps for the AD797. This will make the amp a bit darker and an excellent sounding unit for the HFI-780.

Personally I consider the MiniBox-E+ amongs the top 5, perhaps the top 3 portable amp. Good luck.

Nov 8, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The treble on the HFI-780 will settle a bit, but it will take a good 400 hours of burn in.

I would say that the SR71A would be a good match but it is over your budget. So would the TTVJ Millet Portable Amp. These two amps are mellower than some of the offerings from others.

In your price I would say get the MiniBox-E+. Then change the two AD8610 op-amps for the AD797. This will make the amp a bit darker and an excellent sounding unit for the HFI-780.

Personally I consider the MiniBox-E+ amongs the top 5, perhaps the top 3 portable amp. Good luck.

In what category? I would probably agree for sub 200 dollar amps. Along with ibasso they are very good

Nov 8, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #4 of 10
In my opinion the MiniBox-E+ competes either stock or w/ the AD797 w/ the best of the best. I could go as far as saying it is in the top 5 or maybe even 3 portable amps. Yes, to me the MiniBox-E+ is superb.

Nov 9, 2008 at 10:22 AM Post #5 of 10
I dont mean to hijack this thread but I dont feel that my question needs a new thread.

I have heard that the HFI 780 can have really, really harsh highs. Is it actually possible to tone that down and make them a little more warmer and darker with a portable amp?

Nov 9, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #6 of 10
I wanted to buy mini E+ suggested by Mrarroyo. I sent an email to AudiophileChina and ask if there is stock of mini E+ and they relied' It is out of stock, the manufacturer will not produce it.'

Nov 9, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Snake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont mean to hijack this thread but I dont feel that my question needs a new thread.

I have heard that the HFI 780 can have really, really harsh highs. Is it actually possible to tone that down and make them a little more warmer and darker with a portable amp?

I was going to suggest the MiniBox-E+, however another poster indicates it is no longer being made. A pity because it is a superb amp, to make it a bit darker the use of AD797's over the AD8610's is the way to go.

Another option but pricier would be the SR71A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back