any problems with REFURBISHED headphones (hd595)?
Sep 24, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #16 of 31
I had a friend buy the $200 refurbished HD600s off Amazon, and they're fantastic phones. The headband was a lot looser than the headband on my (only slightly used when I bought them) HD580s, so you could tell in that extend that they were broken in, but the phones were in perfect shape and sound great.

Sep 24, 2005 at 2:20 AM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by milesbeyondjazz
I bought my refurbished hd600s from Audio Advisor a couple of months ago and have had no problems at all.And they came in the original box with all of the paperwork.
600smile.gif

I purchased a refurb pair from them a few months ago, and they sent me a brand new pair
smily_headphones1.gif
Said so on the sales receipt
smily_headphones1.gif
Great company.

Sep 24, 2005 at 5:58 AM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928
I purchased a refurb from ecost for $135 a few months ago. They came in perfect. 50ohm version 120s are old stock no longer in production

Curious. Why would 120ohm be preferable over 50? Wouldn't you have to drive the headphones harder at 120? Is there some benefit to this higher number, and should I look for 120ohm version if I am using these through my amp? Yes, I am OHM illiterate.
blink.gif

Sep 24, 2005 at 8:34 AM Post #20 of 31
This is the first headfi post I have ever read discouraging the purchased of refurb Senn's. Most users are happy with their refurb purchase, IIRC they are actually inspected by Sennheiser and rebuilt using factory new parts (as in you'll have to burn them in), they perform as new without the "new" pricetag. On a greater note however, you should be able to snag a pair of brand new 595's for around 180 just use a search engine such as pricegrabber and you're golden.

Sep 24, 2005 at 2:46 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis
This is the first headfi post I have ever read discouraging the purchased of refurb Senn's. Most users are happy with their refurb purchase, IIRC they are actually inspected by Sennheiser and rebuilt using factory new parts (as in you'll have to burn them in), they perform as new without the "new" pricetag. On a greater note however, you should be able to snag a pair of brand new 595's for around 180 just use a search engine such as pricegrabber and you're golden.

Exactly my point....why buy refurbs when for $20 more you can get new?

Sep 24, 2005 at 2:57 PM Post #24 of 31
For newegg usually people like myself buy refurb not just for one item. Building a whole system with refurb stuff will usually save me about $150 across the board. I suppose if $20 is nothing to you its no big deal. I got my HD600's as a refurb on AMAZON and it came looking like new in the box with everything for $185.
600smile.gif

Sep 24, 2005 at 6:48 PM Post #25 of 31
Just felt like chiming in to counteract all this hating on refurbished Senns, I got my HD555's refurb'd from ecost for under $90 shipped, and they were indeed a good buy. Haven't had but one problem with them in the three months or so I've owned them, and they came to me without a hint of wear. They came in a sealed plastic bag, but honestly I could care less about packaging. Go refurb'd all the way for Senns!

Sep 24, 2005 at 7:09 PM Post #26 of 31
Got my HD600's from amazon as refurbs. Looked Like New and packaged in the same boxes as a new pair. I would never have purchased them had I not found these refurbs. The wallet just wouldn't allow it. They haven't dissapointed yet
600smile.gif

Sep 24, 2005 at 10:12 PM Post #28 of 31
J&R, jr.com, is willing to sell brand new 595's (120 ohm version) for $175 shipped. I believe they are also authorized Senn dealers.

EDIT: They shipped me 50 ohm... even though they swore they ONLY had 120s. Heh.

Feb 3, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #30 of 31
I realize how old this thread is, but I figured I'd see if anyone has any experience with refurbished Sennheiser HD650 headphones? I've seen some decent deals on them, but instinctively I distrust anything refurbished or remade that has a chance of being a of a well-duct-taped-Humpty-Dumpty of a product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back