Any preparations for impressions?
Nov 12, 2005 at 6:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

allan-of-ca

New Head-Fier
I decided to buy the Sensaphonics 2x-s earphones and I will be going tomorrow for my impressions. Is there anything I should do ahead of time like cleaning the wax out of my ears? I heard this has been a problem for some people and I wasn't sure if everyone needs to do this or any other type of preparation. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Allan

Nov 13, 2005 at 4:26 AM Post #2 of 3
I went to the audiologist today and she made the impressions of my ears. She took about 2 to 3 impressions for each ear to make sure she had good ones. I was surprised how easy and painless it was since I heard stories of how bad it was to go through this process.

Now I just have to wait for the 2x-s earphones!
580smile.gif

Allan

Nov 13, 2005 at 5:09 AM Post #3 of 3
For some people it can be a very painful experience. Unfortunately I'm one of those people. When the audiologist put the foam in my ear it felt like he was driving a nail through my ear drum- and he was being extremely careful. Even when he injected the silicone I felt a sharp pain, but it went away quick.

My ears have adjusted well to my IEM's after a few months of use. No more pain, so there is a happy ending.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back