Any Predictions for Macworld Expo?
Jan 13, 2008 at 8:51 AM Post #16 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by hempcamp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wrong percentages. The MacWorld Expo now concerns not just those (now growing) 8%, but the 69% of portable media player users with iPods and the .17% (don't laugh, that's pretty good in the glutted cell phone industry) of cell users with iPhones.

According to this article iPod accessories now outsell compact stereos and home theatres in a box combined.

I expect the ultra-thin MacBook Pro to come out, and that I will have my order in before the keynote is over. I live 15 minutes away from the Moscone and am planning on taking Tuesday off anyway.

The iPhone SDK will be a big part of the announcement, in all likelihood. One relatively unlikely rumor that is making the rounds is that Apple will release OS X for PCs. Then again, given Vista's dismal sales (and thus the opportunity to play spoiler) and the diminishing part of computer hardware sales at Apple, who knows?

Jan 13, 2008 at 9:17 AM Post #17 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by majid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live 15 minutes away from the Moscone and am planning on taking Tuesday off anyway.

I'm jealous. I put away money for the explicit purpose of taking a trip to San Francisco, which I figured would conveniently be timed around MWSF. Then, ironically enough, I drowned my Mac Book in Diet Pepsi and now must spend that money on a new computer.

The good news is that it is an excuse to get whatever small notebook comes out on Tuesday, but the reality is I'll probably stick with a Mini to "mini"-mize the financial loss incurred by my soda stupidity!

--Chris

Jan 13, 2008 at 9:37 AM Post #18 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. The rumoured 12'' or 13'' sub-portable notebook with NAND flash memory instead of a conventional hard drive leading to extremely long battery life. 50% thinner than existing MBPs thereby discarding the optical drive. Retailing for $1500.

2. 3G iphone by June.

This is what I have heard from my neighbor, who is a apple software developer (among other things) since the eighties, I believe.
can't wait,
my son put 2 dvds in my mbp at the same time, now its buggered, now I have a reason to get a new one.

Jan 13, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #23 of 152
As much as I doubt it I would like to see a mac pro cube

Deskop/Server dual and quad cores
4 ram slots
2-4 hdd slots
1-2 pci x16 slots

Out the door for 999 base

Jan 13, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #24 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by iKonoKlast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will have to sell my current Macbook and buy the new ultra portable notebook if it indeed is released. Can't wait.

me, too. my macbook will go to the wife and i'll get work to buy me the subnotebook. can't wait!

Jan 14, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #26 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Max /img/forum/go_quote.gif
blu rays in g4s

G4s?

What?

My theory is that Apple will hold steady without BluRay despite all the hoopla. Being as forward-thinking as they are, they realize the limited life expectancy of any optical medium, they themselves being frontrunners in the race to online digital distribution of movies. At this point, BluRay is just another device geeks can add to the "I have this and you don't, nanny nanny boo boo list."

The added cost of Blu Ray now would kind of be like adopting Minidiscs in 2000. Expensive hardware costs were quickly overtaken by inexpensive software functions.

--Chris

Jan 14, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #27 of 152
Also likely is a response to this news from Netflix.

(I have since read that Steve Jobs is fanatical *and effective* about leak prevention, so I suppose we'll all have to wait until Tuesday's keynote.)

Jan 14, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #30 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Linthicum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also likely is a response to this news from Netflix.

(I have since read that Steve Jobs is fanatical *and effective* about leak prevention, so I suppose we'll all have to wait until Tuesday's keynote.)

i doubt steve-o will respond to this in his keynote...it's still a non-issue for many mac owners since netflix's streaming service leaves macs out in the cold...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back