Any Positive Side Effects of Failing U.S. Economy?
Oct 18, 2008 at 10:53 AM Post #46 of 47
My friends and I have common belief that *luck* played a significant role in being who we are and having what we have. We were either *lucky* enough to be born to parents that pushed us, were availed rare educational opportunities, or stumbled upon activities in which we had some talent (and that rewards talent monetarily).

Hard work alone isn't enough. Sure, a person can squander his talent by skipping the hard work part, but I think it is important for most people to remain humble and realize how fortunate they are, not necessarily how good they are.

This philosophy has informed my politics, but I won't go into that here.

Oct 18, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #47 of 47
Welcome to the Competitive Enterprise Institute. | CEI explains why this is a market correction and why it should have been allowed to happen.

It also explains that you should think long and hard before blaming everything on the "evils of capitalism." Read up and it'll explain pretty well that market distortions (caused by government meddling) created the environment to breed the credit crunch.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122420352554042529.html

This is a really good article about things going on now, and why we're going about it the wrong way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back