Any portable players that support both AptX HD and MQA?
Oct 4, 2017 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

dolstein

100+ Head-Fier
I just purchased a new pair of B&W PX headphones, which support AptX HD. I'm looking for a compatible player. But I'm also a fan of TIDAL, so ideally the player would also be able to stream TIDAL and decode MQA. Does such a beast exist? I know that the A&K KANN player does AptX HD, and it's price isn't too ridiculous give its many features. Has anyone heard whether MQA decoding capability will be added as some point? Also, does anyone know whether the new Chord Poly will support AptX HD?

Oct 4, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #3 of 9
Are you going to use both wired and wireless connections or wireless only?

If wireless only or most of the time, probably you can consider looking for cheaper DAP options.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #8 of 9
Sony has this in the features section of the page:
https://www.sony.com/electronics/walkman/nw-zx300/specifications#features

BLUETOOTH® wireless streaming at its best
Enjoy high-quality music streaming thanks to LDAC, our premium wireless codec. With 3x the bitrate of standard BLUETOOTH® technology, you can enjoy a superior listening experience for all your music. Full aptX™ HD audio compatibility is available with a firmware update after November 2017.

Oct 7, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #9 of 9
Kind of off that Sony has some mid-priced DAPs will decode MQA but their signature edition models won't. Of course, their signature series models don't stream music, and I'm not sure whether there's any way to get MQA encoded files onto the signature series models . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back