ANY PLAYER - LOOKING FOR BEST SOUND QUALITY
Apr 11, 2007 at 8:46 AM Post #46 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Molondro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mind that it has a noticeable hiss with low impedance iems (nothing a ghetto impedance adapter can`t fix).

I'm not so sure my headphones, mdr-v6 & ksc-75, really need a boost in volume (90% on most any device i've encountered sounds pretty loud to me)...especially at the cost of this hissing that everyone seems to be hearing with the T1.

If the T1 or Supermicro aren't going to totally revolutionize my listening experience, then I will just have to focus all my money on the audio player.

Is there anything else that sounds as good as the iMod, or even reasonably close with just a headphone jack?? I'd prefer it to be flash and rockboxable (or at least have a decent EQ), but I'm open to ideas...

Apr 11, 2007 at 4:05 PM Post #48 of 49
Another vote for Trekstor Vibez. I'm still limping along with my Karma, but the vibez is my next player. I checked in out in NYC and its definitely smaller than it looks in pictures. Plays FLAC.

Meizu sounds nice to me, but I haven't tried it out

Apr 12, 2007 at 12:02 PM Post #49 of 49
I recently purchased a Samsung Z5F (now has Fm, voice recording, gapless support, customisable EQ plus the pre sets, playlists on the fly) which has very good sound, wide sound stage, clear, crisp; sturdy unit and looks great. I find the controls are easy to navigate and for me fairly intuitive. If you are looking for a top sound from a flash DAP, then I don't think you will be disappointed by the Samsung. I have run it through my Porta Corda and straight out of the headphone socket using Alesandro MS1s, it doesn't need an amp to sound great. I think it sounds better with the amp, it gives more punch to the MS1s, but it definately sounds fine on its own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back