Any place that you can buy flac encoded audio music?
Aug 8, 2006 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Dead Ghost

100+ Head-Fier
The title says it all.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 8, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead Ghost
Thx, but i was hoping something more like iTunes..

The short answer is not yet. There is some speculation that iTunes will offer ALAC files, but it has not been confirmed yet. There is a short thread on hydrogenaudio linking to other threads with the same question:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...hp/t29459.html

Hope this helps.

Aug 8, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #5 of 5
Heck, I think a lot of folks would like it if iTunes sold AAC songs with higher bit rates. I have no use spending a buck for a song that will sound terrible in whatever you play it with. If iTunes offerings were 320 AAC, then I might would buy some random items.

I don't see them ever selling the lossless songs with out some sort of DRM. Even if they used ALAC (it has DRM I assume), the bandwidth out of the iTunes server would go up 10 fold right off the start. Slowness, or they have to pay a lot more to pump out that kind of bandwith with tolerable speeds.

Another question: would you pay full CD price for a CD song list, in DRM lossless format? Assume that you could sample hear the music, and there would be very limited burning of the tracks to a CD. I think I would. But I won't pay for less than lossless at this point in my HeadFi career, so I still buy the CDs that I am interested in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back