Any place left that sells K1000s - are they really discontinued
Mar 20, 2006 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

rgoodnight

Head-Fier
I have been showing off my recently acquired K1000 to my neighbor who now wants one (new). He went online and can't seem to find a place that sells them. Some sites still have Google adwords, but when you click on them they either admit they are sold out or the cans are nowhere to be found on the site.

When I bought mine a couple of weeks ago I asked the dealer if they were discontinued (I read that on these forums) and he said no. At the time I thought the dealer had to know better, but now I think the folks on these forums are better informed.

So, 2 questions:

1) Did AKG actually stop making the K1000
2) Do you know of any reputable place that sells new ones

Randy

BTW Thanks to Head-Fi and all the members for all the knowledge. It led me to spend more tha n I would have ever thought on a headphone, but I have a feeling this will stay with me for life (if the quality problems I now read were the cause for discontiuing production are going to spare my set.)

Mar 20, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #2 of 7
I bought the last new one from TSTO (tsto.com) last week, but last time I checked they still had their store demo in stock. Not entirely new, but may be as close as you are going to get.

Mar 21, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by applebook
The K1000 is definitely discontinued. I wonder if Todd still has any new units left?

Todd is out so is headroom.

the best thing to do rigth now is to get a lightly used one from the for sale forum.

Mar 21, 2006 at 4:47 AM Post #7 of 7
Spearit Sound on Boston on Comm. Ave has one on display, and presumably some in stock. They said the only thing they were out of was the AK701. If your not near Boston that's not to helpfull though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back