Any over-ear wireless headphones as good as B&O H6?
Oct 13, 2017 at 9:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

mattbanks

Head-Fier
Been looking for something wireless that sounds as good as my B&O H6. Does anything exist? I've heard very mixed things about the H7/H9, tried the Beats Studio 3 and didn't like them. Figured I'd ask everyone here that would know much better than I do!

Based on the large amount of time I’ve spend reading, looking, and listening, I’m guessing the answer is no :frowning2:

Anything that comes close? Sennheiser Momentum HD1? B&O H9 with EQ tuning in the app? Something else?

Oct 14, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #2 of 10
I'd recommend the HD1. I use it on commutes and have no issues with it! I EQ the highs up a bit because it has slightly rolled off highs to me. It's plenty punchy without sounding muddy, and is comfy enough as long as you don't have massive ears

Oct 14, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #3 of 10
I'd recommend the HD1. I use it on commutes and have no issues with it! I EQ the highs up a bit because it has slightly rolled off highs to me. It's plenty punchy without sounding muddy, and is comfy enough as long as you don't have massive ears

Awesome thanks! Is there an app for the EQ or do you do it at the system level with iPhone / Android / computer?

Oct 14, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #4 of 10
Awesome thanks! Is there an app for the EQ or do you do it at the system level with iPhone / Android / computer?
I use a FiiO player which has it's own EQ but before I got that I would use my Galaxy S7 with PowerAmp app which also had it's own EQ

Oct 14, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #7 of 10
Nice! So you like them better than the wired H6?
I should have mentioned that I don't have personal experience with the B&W PX. It caught my attention because I am also looking for a wireless headphone, and reports so far suggest that the PX may be the best sounding wireless currently available. However, in my case I want the best noise cancellation for my train commute and it will come down to either Bose or Sony.

Oct 15, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #8 of 10
So I think I’ve narrowed down my choices to B&O H9, Sennheiser Momentum HD1, and B&W PX. Nowhere locally sells them, so it’s not going to be easy to try before buying. Can you return open headphones to Amazon or anywhere else for a full refund (without having to jump through hoops)?

Oct 15, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #9 of 10
I don't know how it works at Amazon, but Crutchfield has a 60-day return policy. Also, you can order directly from the manufacturer website and they all have a free trial return policy. I see that it's 2 weeks at B&O, 30 days at Sennheiser, and 60 days at B&W.

Oct 15, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #10 of 10
I don't know how it works at Amazon, but Crutchfield has a 60-day return policy. Also, you can order directly from the manufacturer website and they all have a free trial return policy. I see that it's 2 weeks at B&O, 30 days at Sennheiser, and 60 days at B&W.

Oh that’s awesome I had no idea! I’d much rather support them directly anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back