Any Over Ear Headphones with decent sound quality, very comfortable cushioning, minimum sound leakage and easily portable (no long cords/tangles) (30-70$)
Jan 27, 2014 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Alislam274

New Head-Fier
hey everyone. looking for some good suggestion of headphones to look into i've tried a couple Sennheiser headphones recently (HD360 and HD280) and i've been disappointed so far. the sound quality is up to par, but the amount of leakage and uncomfortable ear cushions and long cords has been a disappointment.  i don't want to spend too much on them (budget is 30-70 dollars). would really appreciate any advice, feedback or suggestions.  

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #3 of 3
If you thought the HD280 isolation wasn't good enough, then I'm worried that just about any other closed, over-ear 'phones are also not going to meet your isolation requirements - because really, the HD280 isolation is pretty good. Have you considered IEMs? Perhaps try the Mee M6 and some Comply T-200 tips.
http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-Sport-Fi-Noise-Isolating-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0038W0K2U

Check out this graph:

In this graph, I am comparing the sound isolation of three popular closed headphones to the Etymotic HF5 IEM. All of the closed headphones are similar - and NONE of them are even close to the isolation you can achieve with the IEMs.

Remember: Every 6 dB is double the isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back