Any opinions / reviews on Gemtune APPJ PA1502A
Jul 15, 2023 at 11:00 PM Post #871 of 876
I'm going to list a black PA1502A here in the classifieds soon. Coupling caps upgraded to Mundorf M caps and has 3 EAR feet. Everything else is stock with stock tubes. I ended up with another PA1502A is the reason for the sale. I don't plan on being without this amp but I don't need 2 of them. This amp is a real sleeper because of the 6V6 output tubes, Japanese transformers, low and high gain switch, and switching power supply. Nothing else like it has ever been available as far as I know. Asking price is $160 including PayPal fee and UPS or USPS shipping. PM me if interested and I can send pictures.

Aug 27, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #872 of 876
Recently I've been using my PA 1502A to drive Grado SR80x's and that was a really fun combination. But I just got some new earpads for my Audeze Sines from vesperaudio. With the APPJ I think this is my favourite combination so far. I'm using an iFi iDSD Micro Black Label as a DAC instead of driving the Audezes directly as I'd only tried before. The pairing is magical and I'm finding it difficult not to listen to 'just one more track':
IMG_20230415_131443.jpg
The amp is sitting on an SSC stand, and I've upgraded the feet, but everything else is stock.
Ha! Occasionally revisiting the thread. Good to see you still enjoying yours, I'm still enjoying mine, it's one great amp :).

Nov 11, 2023 at 3:06 AM Post #873 of 876
I'm quite the noob when it comes to tube amplifiers so I'm not sure if this is a silly question or not, but does anyone know if EL84 tubes with a cheap basic adapter would be safe to use on this Amp. I see the yellowjacket adapters for 6v6 to el84 so I have to wonder if using the cheap adapters is the right thing to do.

Feb 26, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #875 of 876
I'm quite the noob when it comes to tube amplifiers so I'm not sure if this is a silly question or not, but does anyone know if EL84 tubes with a cheap basic adapter would be safe to use on this Amp. I see the yellowjacket adapters for 6v6 to el84 so I have to wonder if using the cheap adapters is the right thing to do.
I have several times. I know this has been awhile ago. But maybe you still have it to try. I have like i stated a few times just for the heck of it. No issues but I preferred the sound of my the tubes I am still running now. 6V6G National Union brand.

Mar 10, 2024 at 3:28 AM Post #876 of 876
I spent a whole morning reading this post and I am very happy to have everyone discuss my product. Thank you for your suggestions!
I got this amp a few months ago and it's already become one of my favorite audio devices. I've tried it with tons of different tubes, settled on an E180CC with Russian G-807s and now it sounds amazing. I think the only thing that would make this amp better is if it had a truly balanced input section, if it had that it would be my dream amp. Is there a website where one can find all your projects?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back