Any opinions out there on speakers that come close to sounding as good as your cans?
Apr 17, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #76 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaseJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thought ide chime in,
I had the HE-60 and HEV-70, and corda aria,akg 701 and the er4s. I really enjoyed headphones but found i didn't really like listening to it by myself in my room and i started to find the HE-60 really bright. I took them to the meet here in MI and heard our hosts sepakers and was baffled to how much i prefered their sound to my headphones, and there were 5 of ous listening to it. After that i decided to sell all my stuff and i moved to the Magnepan 3.5's and Rogue Audio Tempest II Magnum. The high's on Magnepan speakers are really good and they cover a good range. The HE-60 isn't even on the same level of those speakers. I would really try to listen to them as they sound a lot different than other speakers that cover highs and mids and not the full spectraum. Also when you listen to them its crazy how the voice sounds like its inbetween the speakers unlike other speakers were you can close your eyes and point where the speakers are at.

Magnepan are lovely speakers!

I heard also much more expensive speakers and those are better then a headphone. headphone has problems like headroom and speakers have accoustic problems. Both give you musical pleasure. For large orchestra's etc. a speaker would perform better, since it hasn't the headroom problem.
Although some electrostats also are very good at this.

A good speaker should not be tracable but dissapear during listening.

Apr 20, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #77 of 78
Dimitris

Quote:

After owning my Cremona Auditors for a month I don't think I can go back to headphones again. I know my HD650 aren't the most detailed headphones however the level of detail coming out of the speakers doesn't even compare. Also soundstage is actually soundstage and not headstage like in headphones. Listening to all my headphones yesterday I expected at least to do better on the base department but now that I listen more closely the speaker rig makes up for the lower frequencies with tighter and more controlled base.

Those are fantastic speakers! What preamp/power amp are you driving those auditors?
Just last year i was still a user of sonus speakers. But now i'm into headphones. I'm starting to miss my speakers! I'd have to admit now that listening to phones is not as satisfying as listening to a good pair of speakers!

Apr 20, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #78 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mark you are very correct in your asessment, I only listen to headphones if I have to and much prefer the musical experience of my main stereo.

I don't know why I am still buying headphones....its the stupid curse
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back