Any Opinions On The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD
May 14, 2013 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Michael92

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, my name is Michael and I am new here but a long time reader. Hoping I can find some opinions/facts on this USB "DAC." I really need it to be from Newegg so I can get rid of my $120 gift card. I know it isn't the highest quality, or even great performance per $$. I would much rather kick it up Audinst HUD-mx1 or something similar but I kinda wanna get rid of this gift card and my IEMs aren't the greatest right now. Right now I have my audio running through my monitor and it is terrible sounding. I need a replacement asap.

So my main question would be is this thing a improvement to Realtec Audio? If so, how much? If I use the line on on the back to my Fiio e6 will it sound decent enough? I have heard the headphone amp on this is bad though I am only using the Vsonic GR04 Flagship Editions. I believe they were 50 ohms. Any thoughts or opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

May 16, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 6
If you're referring to the Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB then yes it would be an increase in quality, in both the headphone amp and the DAC to your Realtec Audio. 

May 16, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #3 of 6
The Titanium HD is a great little dac/amp, I mainly use it on my HTPC for the virtual surround sound.  Keep in mind though that the official drivers do not have a equalizer.  Third party PAX drivers do include this but are only compatible with Windows Xp/7 so far.

May 18, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
The Titanium HD is a great little dac/amp, I mainly use it on my HTPC for the virtual surround sound.  Keep in mind though that the official drivers do not have a equalizer.  Third party PAX drivers do include this but are only compatible with Windows Xp/7 so far.

I don't know what gave you that impression, because I'm using stock drivers on my Titanium HD and most certainly do have a working equalizer! (Unless it's Audio Creation Mode with bit-matched playback enabled, which disables the EQ and a lot of other features.)

Also, note that the OP is talking about the X-Fi HD USB, which is an entirely different product from the X-Fi Titanium HD, an internal PCIe x1 sound card. That's something that I haven't had any hands-on experience with, sadly, and knowing Creative's USB products, they can be quite weird.

May 18, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #5 of 6
I have a Creative titanium HD -PCI X 1 card  and I can assure you that as well as great PC sound it does have a Graphic Equalizer . Not only that it has it in style as part of just one of the many programs that you get if you -register your product with Creative and down load the OFFICIAL drivers and update them - you have to remove your pop up blocker and re-instate active X but you can remove them after downloading.  You get about 10 different music programs that have many programs within them. And NO I have Never had any problems with the official drivers. I bought my new PC a year ago bought creative card at the same time from PC World at half price[ full program ]  and its still working just fine. 

May 19, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

I don't know what gave you that impression, because I'm using stock drivers on my Titanium HD and most certainly do have a working equalizer! (Unless it's Audio Creation Mode with bit-matched playback enabled, which disables the EQ and a lot of other features.)

Also, note that the OP is talking about the X-Fi HD USB, which is an entirely different product from the X-Fi Titanium HD, an internal PCIe x1 sound card. That's something that I haven't had any hands-on experience with, sadly, and knowing Creative's USB products, they can be quite weird.

Lol I was really tired when I typed that, I meant the X-Fi HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back