Any opinions on Sennheiser HD25 Light?
Jul 30, 2016 at 7:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ianpullinger

New Head-Fier
Interested if there are any opinions from Head-Fi readers of the new Sennheiser HD25 Light. It is available here in Australia at a low price of AU$169 (around US$130) and looks to have the same drivers as the more expensive HD25, with a simpler headband. I love my Amperiors, but these look great as a cheaper pair for commuting, etc.

http://en-au.sennheiser.com/hd25-light

I cannot find any reviews available, so not sure if they are available globally.

Jun 2, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #2 of 3
The question is almost 7 years old. It is time to give some answer. 😁

I have the newer 70 Ohm version with the hollow ears on the headband. This version is sonically the same like the big brother non-light one.

I compared to my budget king Sennheiser HD2.30i, my trusty closed back studio hp Shure SRH1540 and (just for fun) my Grado 325X.

The HD 2 series are unbeatable within the own price range.That slightly U shaped, engaging sound is the best. Doubled the price and the HD25 Light give you much better details, instrument separation and superb tightness.

The priciest Shure has the best soundstage and better comfort, but every other aspects the HD25 Light is as good or better. Not a bad production for a 100 bucks headphone over a 500 one.

The Grado is a fashion statement, the SQ is behind the Shure and the HD25 Light for my taste.

In summary: the HD25 Light is not the most eye catching headphone and the comfort is just fine, but the sound is way above the 100 bucks price range. It is good enough for critical listening too.

Jun 2, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #3 of 3
IMG_2003.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2001.jpeg
    IMG_2001.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back