Any opinions on Pioneer headphones?
Jan 8, 2010 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Randolph Duke

100+ Head-Fier
I have the wireless set and they are great.
Just curious if the Pio's are any good for walk around/travel phones.
I currently use Ultrasone pro900. For some reason they have
begun to sound muddy.

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #2 of 4
There was a Pioneer gallery store in Los Angeles that I visited a couple of years ago, I tried four pairs of their headphones there and wasn't that impressed with the sound of any of them (not bad, really, just not anywhere near as refined as any of the better Senn/Grado/AKG/Beyers I'd been listening to at the time). But that was just the four models I tried there at that point, they may have come out with better stuff since. Pioneer has made such an amazing range of equipment over the years, some amazing, some OK, some pretty poor. Kinda like Sony, if Pioneer wanted they could probably field contenders for the best in the world...

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #3 of 4
My second hand vintage Pioneer Monitor 10s really impressed me. Sure they have long cord and are heavy because of their build quality. I would use them in a second if only I had a second pair for mine were made in '78. Isolation is great, sound is great and they look really impressive and weird at the same time.

Jan 8, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #4 of 4
I'll take the Pro 900 off your hands to compare with my ALO-780
biggrin.gif
Haha. Anyway, Pioneer are good for the average listener but they won't compare to other companies like Marantz (CD player wise) and headphones like Sennheiser's, AKG etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back