Any opinions on akg k14 earbuds?
Aug 22, 2005 at 2:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

hentai

1000+ Head-Fier
I am looking for a portable phone that provides some isolation , doesn't leak much and sound on par with ksc 75 and e888. Is the k14 my answer? Any other suggestions?

Aug 22, 2005 at 10:34 PM Post #4 of 8
I'm very happy with mine; they easily beat my MX500 when I compared them, better soundstaging and much better treble extension. They don't offer much isolation though, just ever so slightly more high frequency blockage than the MX. As for size, I think the K14 is probably about as big around, but a little thinner so it fits me more comfortably.
I'd recommend the K14 over the K12. The black is a lot nicer looking than the yellow, the claimed specs/components are slightly better, and the volume control actually works very well on mine; smooth with no crackle or imbalance. I think AKG did a very nice job on these.

Oct 18, 2005 at 11:29 PM Post #5 of 8
What are you rating, opinions and considerations with your K14P, PX100, pX200, HD201 and MX500?

-Maurus

Oct 19, 2005 at 12:39 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by SaturnNyne
I'm very happy with mine; they easily beat my MX500 when I compared them, better soundstaging and much better treble extension. They don't offer much isolation though, just ever so slightly more high frequency blockage than the MX. As for size, I think the K14 is probably about as big around, but a little thinner so it fits me more comfortably.
I'd recommend the K14 over the K12. The black is a lot nicer looking than the yellow, the claimed specs/components are slightly better, and the volume control actually works very well on mine; smooth with no crackle or imbalance. I think AKG did a very nice job on these.

Exactly what SaturnNyne said. My experience with them was much better than any bud I've owned so far, including the Sony IEM style. Fantastic treble extention and surprisingly nice, tight bass.

Oct 19, 2005 at 5:22 PM Post #8 of 8
I'll join the chorus of Vault & SaturnNyne: I like the sound quality a lot & they fit me comfortably ( I have small ears).

BUT I really don't like the cable -- it's kind of stiff & seems a bit sticky (not really sticky, just not smooth). It retains the loops from the spool in the carrying case, so it doesn't hang straight & moves around a bit when I move or the wind blows, causing some microphonic sounds.
mad.gif
If anyone knows of some treatment that will make the cable more manageable, please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back