any online site selling cheap V6/7506 ?
Jul 6, 2003 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

eurocs

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

do you know of any online site selling a cheap price MDR V6/7506 ?
Thinking of getting one

Thanks for sharing
600smile.gif

Jul 6, 2003 at 6:33 AM Post #2 of 15
Jul 6, 2003 at 2:33 PM Post #5 of 15
Not sure where you're located, but if you're near a Fry's Electronics (Western US), they have boatloads.

Jul 8, 2003 at 3:31 PM Post #10 of 15
Thanks for the replies guys.

btw is djmart trustable ?

where can I find a seller of the beyer pad online? I've tried to search it in some site, but couldnt find any so far

Jul 8, 2003 at 3:34 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by eurocs
Thanks for the replies guys.

btw is djmart trustable ?

where can I find a seller of the beyer pad online? I've tried to search it in some site, but couldnt find any so far

I got my V-6's from them. They're OK in my book!

Jul 8, 2003 at 3:44 PM Post #12 of 15
As far as I've seen, the Beyer pads are only available from Beyerdynamic. Check their website www.beyerdynamic.com for a phone number, then call them up. Ask for the velour pads for the DT-250-80s. The model number is on an old thread if you search around. They'll know which ones you're talking about. Mine cost $21 plus $7 shipping...but the comfort was worth it.

The V6s are built like a rock. I wouldn't worry too much about getting a used pair.

Jul 8, 2003 at 5:06 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by stereth
As far as I've seen, the Beyer pads are only available from Beyerdynamic. Check their website www.beyerdynamic.com for a phone number, then call them up. Ask for the velour pads for the DT-250-80s. The model number is on an old thread if you search around. They'll know which ones you're talking about. Mine cost $21 plus $7 shipping...but the comfort was worth it.

The V6s are built like a rock. I wouldn't worry too much about getting a used pair.

So, what do the beyer pads do for the V6's? Reduce the heat?

Jul 8, 2003 at 5:24 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Scarpitti
So, what do the beyer pads do for the V6's? Reduce the heat?

Actually, they might increase the heat...the Beyer pads are significantly larger than the stock pads.

With the stock pleather pads, the V6s start to hurt my ears after about 30 min. I felt a dull ache on the bottom of my earlobes. Then I took the headphones off...and winced. It doesn't really hurt until you take them off.

With the Beyer pads, I would wear these things for 5-6 hours while doing homework or cruising online, and they would be just as comfortable as the second I put them on.

Then again, this could because I have a big head. I wear both my V6s and my Portapros with the headband fully extended. They don't fit right otherwise.

Jul 8, 2003 at 8:03 PM Post #15 of 15
I wear my V6 with the Beyer pads probably at least 15 hours a day. Sometimes 22 hours a day if I fall asleep in them and have been on a programming binge. Wait, let's take a minute to reflect on that. That's 22 out of the 24 hours in a single day. God damn.

Granted, I don't do this often but I'd say that I average at least 5 hours a day on them at least. And by god do they kick ass. I would've paid $100 for these pads. I experience ZERO fatigue, and I'd say that I have pretty sensitive skin. God bless velour. Hell, one of the biggest reasons why I fear upgrading (other than cost and upgrade addiction) is that I'm afraid I'll never find a pair as comfortable as these.

Do a search on the forums and you'll find a great photo guide to how to do the mod, but it really is easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back