Any one upgraded from Xtrememac FS1 to FS Atrio? Was it worth it?
Dec 5, 2007 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

navmau

500+ Head-Fier
I have been using my Xtrememac FS1 for a couple of months and am truly impressed with them! The bass is perfect and exactly what I want from an IEM plus the mids and highs are not lost, although not as clear or seperated compared to my previous ER-6i's but the FS1 are still my preferred IEMs for the genre of music I listen to, being trance/dance/house and a bit of hiphop.

If anyone has upgraded from the FS1 to the FutureSonics Atrio M5, do you think it was worth the extra $200 expense? i.e. Is the bass any more controlled? are the mids and highs clearer and more present? is the fit any better? and so on.

The reason I dropped the ER-6i is because they were very tiring to listen to trance with, the highs were just too much so if you can recommend any other IEMs under the US$150 mark that are warm with deep, solid bass, let me know.

Cheers!!!

Dec 11, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #3 of 7
From bits and pieces that I have found, the Atrio apparently has slightly better mid and high ranges and the bass is even more textured/controlled. Also, the soundstange is a bit better. Although the source didn't advise to what extent the Atrio improves on the FS1, so I still don't know if it is "worth" it.

I mean, the driver in the FS1 is the MG5 and the Atrio has the MG5pro, Is the "pro" really worth the extra $150??? Hopefully someone has the answer to this question!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Cheers RugerRell! I have read many seperate reviews of the 2 models but I am a bit of a sceptic when it comes to those reviews, I really want to hear from people who have actually upgraded from the FS1 to the Atrio as I am after user opinions. I just don't know whether the upgrade is worth the extra $$$.

Dec 12, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #6 of 7
You might guess how I feel about it. I sent the FS1s back in 3 days, and I am one of the biggest Atrio fans on Head-Fi. I really don't think you can compare the two, like night and day to my ears. Definitely worth the upgrade to me, but YMMV.

Dec 12, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You might guess how I feel about it. I sent the FS1s back in 3 days, and I am one of the biggest Atrio fans on Head-Fi. I really don't think you can compare the two, like night and day to my ears. Definitely worth the upgrade to me, but YMMV.

That big a difference ay?!? Sounds like I wont be disappointed with the Atrio then! Can you advise more specifically what you like better about the Atrio, what specific chartacteristics are "better" than the FS1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back