any one got their K701 yet?
Nov 17, 2005 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

diablo9

500+ Head-Fier
they should arrive at Headroom early this week, according to one sales rep. so they should be shipped by the end of the week...
eggosmile.gif

Nov 17, 2005 at 12:57 AM Post #2 of 40
Well, they DID receive one small batch, and the few people that ordered very early got theirs probably by now.

Nov 17, 2005 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 40
i got my 701's from headroom yesterday (Nov 15) yay fedex overnight
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 17, 2005 at 1:10 AM Post #4 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by flecom
i got my 701's from headroom yesterday (Nov 15) yay fedex overnight
smily_headphones1.gif

wow, that means my K701 should be on its way, too.
lambda.gif

Nov 17, 2005 at 1:12 AM Post #5 of 40
You could try looking around, considering there are a bunch of threads of people posting pictures and comments about them, I would think at least some people have them. Not many, though, they dont seem to be shipping out too fast.

Nov 17, 2005 at 1:27 AM Post #6 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456
You could try looking around, considering there are a bunch of threads of people posting pictures and comments about them, I would think at least some people have them. Not many, though, they dont seem to be shipping out too fast.

I believe most of them are in Europe. US stocks are mainly not distributed yet.
rs1smile.gif

Nov 17, 2005 at 1:37 AM Post #7 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by diablo9
I believe most of them are in Europe. US stocks are mainly not distributed yet.
rs1smile.gif

Hi All,

The good news is that ALL of the K701 orders that I currently have - the headphones are here - they arrived to late to be able to ship today but they are going out tomorrow. So you will not be wiating long at all!!! I have a few more still in stock and can ship as soon I get the order.

Todd

They are coming very soon
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Nov 17, 2005 at 2:07 AM Post #9 of 40
Mine are here, and mine are on my head. And there is music.

I have to say, out of the box, they are SOOOO smooth yet detailed. They are a little soft in the highs, and a little fat - believe it or not - in the bass/midbass.

I expect burn-in (yes, that) will improve them, but even so, I know these will be my primary 'phones. I have a Dynahi with 2 outputs, and switched between the 701's and my Sony SA-5K's. Realized quickly that the Sony's are more in your face in the mids, but are slightly congested and have a litle glasre compared to the beautiful neutrality of the 701's!

The Sony's right now reach farther into the high frequencies, and are extended without harshness on the Dynahi. The AKG's, as mentioned, are a little softer there, but it still seems there is the basis of fine detail. Bass, it's otugh to say right now. The AKG's seem to reach deeper, but the Sony's are tighter. This is a very premature comparison, since I have a couple hours in.

Comfort-wise, I will need a little time for the AKG's to adjust to my head, and vice-versa. I find myself desiring to adjust them a bit here and there. That will also come in time.

But based on this initial listening, I think the 701's will replace the SA-5K's as my reference. It's only been about 2 hours, though, so it remains to be seen in the long run.

All in all, a very musical product!

Nov 17, 2005 at 2:20 AM Post #10 of 40
jamesp said:
Hi All,

The good news is that ALL of the K701 orders that I currently have - the headphones are here - they arrived to late to be able to ship today but they are going out tomorrow. So you will not be wiating long at all!!! I have a few more still in stock and can ship as soon I get the order.

I'm confused... was that a quote from Todd?

Nov 17, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #12 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by TTVJ
Hi All,

Man, why is Todd getting all the 701's, and not Headroom? I ordered from Headroom because I was getting a Micro DAC too to combine shipping, but this makes me jealous.

Nov 17, 2005 at 12:47 PM Post #13 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by skullguise
Comfort-wise, I will need a little time for the AKG's to adjust to my head, and vice-versa.

that's the true head-fi spirit: adjust your head to the phones
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Nov 17, 2005 at 2:10 PM Post #14 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver
Man, why is Todd getting all the 701's, and not Headroom? I ordered from Headroom because I was getting a Micro DAC too to combine shipping, but this makes me jealous.

Ahhh according to various posts in our 701 K701 threads (if they're to be believed) I think Headroom actually initially received a larger shipment than TTJV. TTJV is on shipment two now though.

Nov 17, 2005 at 4:06 PM Post #15 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Ahhh according to various posts in our 701 K701 threads (if they're to be believed) I think Headroom actually initially received a larger shipment than TTJV. TTJV is on shipment two now though.

Mario told me the initial batch was small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back