Any NYC area meets?
Oct 31, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #31 of 44
Quote:
420 is code for marijuana.
Mullet, not sure if Bozebuttons contacted you. I'll pm you tomorrow with some more details.

how about before and after surveys?
if you think your amplifier sounds better after an hour of warm up, how much better will it sound after you've been warmed up for an hour?

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #32 of 44
420 is code for marijuana.
Mullet, not sure if Bozebuttons contacted you. I'll pm you tomorrow with some more details.

I have been in contact with mullet ,gave him the contact info to the Adria ,it was already
Booked up for Dec so no go there.Mullet was looking into other options

Oct 31, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #33 of 44
I'd originally been hoping for a Fall NYC meet myself and had actually tentatively made travel plans, but I just recently canceled the plans due to the aftermath of the hurricane. I felt like the timing wouldn't have been right for a leisure trip to NYC when I'm sure the city will be undergoing clean-up & repair for the immediate future. Probably for the best without a Fall meet, IMO. I'd definitely try to attend next year's spring meet though.

Quote:
It would be great if one of you young bucks could organize a meet.  Bozebuttons and immtbiker have already run so many of these things; it's time for some fresh blood.  Funds are available so no cash outlay is necessary.  The veterans are always available to provide tips, advice and moral support.

I agree, there needs to be some new NYC meet organizer(s)! Haven't erikzen, boze, & immtbiker singlehandedly and collectively organized all of the NYC meets to date? I think it's time for someone new to step up to the table and give these guys a much-deserved break. If I lived in the NYC area myself, I'd definitely step in, but I don't, so I can't.
tongue.gif

Nov 1, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #34 of 44
I was going to contact them about what to ask the local American Legion hall and everything so we could have a fall meet up, but between school and the recent turn of events i think it's best if we hold off on a Fall meet till next year. if I'm still in the state I'd love to help organize something. I am always open to one on one meet ups with anyone wanting to share some gear and some stories/insight
Quote:

I agree, there needs to be some new NYC meet organizer(s)! Haven't erikzen, boze, & immtbiker singlehandedly and collectively organized all of the NYC meets to date? I think it's time for someone new to step up to the table and give these guys a much-deserved break. If I lived in the NYC area myself, I'd definitely step in, but I don't, so I can't.
tongue.gif

Nov 1, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #35 of 44
I called around and a few places were booked and there was one near La Guardia Airport that could host 40 people. The one caveat is they only have 3 places for power in there. I didn't get a chance to take a look at the place because of Sandy. The one other factor that came up is that the planning for this is happening so late. According to bozebuttons, it should be done at least 3 months in advance to get enough interest and give enough time for plans to be made by out-of-town vendors. I think its best to do a mini-meet somewhere in the area instead of something larger. I will donate my time to organize something for next fall because boze has everything set up for this spring. I guess I need to get in contact will all people who usually do the organizing so I don't step on anybody's toes.

Nov 1, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #36 of 44
Mullet, sent you a PM with some general meet info.

Nov 1, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #37 of 44
With all the recent events in our area it's best anyway to cancel any plans for a fall meet.

As I have already booked the hall in Babylon for April 20th 2013 .The NY regional meet will happen then.
I will post a official thread later when I get a chance,I am on my iPad now I need to use my laptop or desktop to copy & past the info from the June meet thread.

Nov 1, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #38 of 44
I'd originally been hoping for a Fall NYC meet myself and had actually tentatively made travel plans, but I just recently canceled the plans due to the aftermath of the hurricane. I felt like the timing wouldn't have been right for a leisure trip to NYC when I'm sure the city will be undergoing clean-up & repair for the immediate future. Probably for the best without a Fall meet, IMO. I'd definitely try to attend next year's spring meet though.

I agree, there needs to be some new NYC meet organizer(s)! Haven't erikzen, boze, & immtbiker singlehandedly and collectively organized all of the NYC meets to date? I think it's time for someone new to step up to the table and give these guys a much-deserved break. If I lived in the NYC area myself, I'd definitely step in, but I don't, so I can't. :p

I organized the first Ny meet in 2002 at grado labs Highway star helped me with that one.
highwaystar organized the next 2 at Grado labs I coorganized with him.
The 4th and final meet at Grado labs I organized by myself.
Jahn ,Meech also organized a meet each.
immtbiker picked up the ball After that & did the fall meets ,I started doing the spring meets
In Babylon.
Then immbiker organized the First National meet in Queens with me,Jahn,Jpelg
Erikzen,Tyll as co organizers.

Erikzen started doing the fall meets afterwards,I took a break,Immbiker started doing the spring meets

I stepped back in The past June after erikzen & immbiker became to busy to organize anymore.

There where also many mini meets in between others have organized,as well as myself & immbiker.

Nov 2, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #39 of 44
Makes sense at this point to wait, given the storm.  I was going to suggest a mid January meet as that is enough time before the spring meet but it might also be overkill.  Maybe we have to go back to one NY meet per year.

Nov 4, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #41 of 44
Quote:
immtbiker is to busy with work so no fall meet unless some one else wants to pick up the slack.

That being said I just called the american legion Hall  in Babylon (same hall as the june 2nd meet)and set up a meet date for April 20th 2013.
I will put down a deposit for the Room on Sunday .
I will post an official meet thread once I do that.

Quote:
Any place near Brooklyn ?

Babylon Hall is only a block from Babylon train station. 

Nov 4, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #42 of 44
Quote:
Makes sense at this point to wait, given the storm.  I was going to suggest a mid January meet as that is enough time before the spring meet but it might also be overkill.  Maybe we have to go back to one NY meet per year.

There have always been 2 Ny meets per year since the first one in 2002.

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #44 of 44
Like I said, I'm willing to do the next fall meet. I'm leaning towards skipping doing a January meet because it is so close to April. It's only a 4 month difference. If a lot of people object then I might change my mind. Also, if someone else wants to jump into the fray they can organize something earlier as well. There's no reason to just have one meet a year. It's just the way it happened this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back