Any NYC area meets?
Oct 24, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #18 of 44
It would be great if one of you young bucks could organize a meet.  Bozebuttons and immtbiker have already run so many of these things; it's time for some fresh blood.  Funds are available so no cash outlay is necessary.  The veterans are always available to provide tips, advice and moral support.

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #19 of 44
I'd be happy to do it but I am way too busy. 
Quote:
It would be great if one of you young bucks could organize a meet.  Bozebuttons and immtbiker have already run so many of these things; it's time for some fresh blood.  Funds are available so no cash outlay is necessary.  The veterans are always available to provide tips, advice and moral support.

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #20 of 44
immtbiker is to busy with work so no fall meet unless some one else wants to pick up the slack.

That being said I just called the american legion Hall  in Babylon (same hall as the june 2nd meet)and set up a meet date for April 20th 2013.
I will put down a deposit for the Room on Sunday .
I will post an official meet thread once I do that.

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #21 of 44
Ok. I'm willing to chip in and help. I'm thinking at this point we'd need a room for December. Not sure how big. But I'd try and get that room in Queens or Brooklyn. Boze or Erik PM me with more info about how to get this done.

Oct 25, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #23 of 44
Sweet, that's the day after my birthday.
Quote:
immtbiker is to busy with work so no fall meet unless some one else wants to pick up the slack.

That being said I just called the american legion Hall  in Babylon (same hall as the june 2nd meet)and set up a meet date for April 20th 2013.
I will put down a deposit for the Room on Sunday .
I will post an official meet thread once I do that.

Oct 29, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #25 of 44
I can already sense the incoming messages, "But music always sounds so much better on that day of all days......". If people are gonna do that stuff they're gonna do it any other day their is an event held anyways. Though it would be funny if in the middle of the meet the local kids come in and start trying our gear and are like, "WOAH!!! This is awesome dude!" Just be careful, those local kids might be very clumsy

Quote:
4/20 meet, not the best idea :p

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #26 of 44
Oct 30, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #27 of 44
Quote:
Why not,Its already been booked.
There where reasons for holding it in April.

I believe he was being sarcastic. 

Thanks for taking care of this.  Looking forward to the new "meet thread".

Having been to many audio meets, but no "head fi" meets yet, is everyone welcome to bring gear, cans, music, etc..

Oct 30, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #28 of 44
[quote name="Face" url="/t/630064/any-nyc-area-meets/15#post

Having been to many audio meets, but no "head fi" meets yet, is everyone welcome to bring gear, cans, music, etc..
[/quote]

Yes,
Check out the past meet impressions thread from the past june 2 NY meet.

Oct 30, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #29 of 44
Looking forward to the meet up. I hope all those in the tri-state area are safe and well after surviving the storm. Hopefully no gear has been lost in the last 36 hours. 

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #30 of 44

Why not,Its already been booked.
There where reasons for holding it in April.

420 is code for marijuana.

Mullet, not sure if Bozebuttons contacted you. I'll pm you tomorrow with some more details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back