Any news about DACs that support HDMI?
Apr 14, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #3 of 5
I can make you one for $4 million to start.

How about a HDMI receiver or Pre-amp? Or am I way off?

Apr 14, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #4 of 5
I did design possibly the most advanced consumer orientated HDMI switcher in the world so far before I left my last job to work somewhere else. It can be seen at Maplin > 4-Way HDMI Selector
My only regret is that I don't get any royalty from it due to a mistake on my part . I hope they don't sell many
mad.gif

Designing HDMI stuff is a pain in the neck. You need to wade through loads of patents, pay royalties to the HDMI license holders, and endure a long license application approval waiting time. Unless you are going into large scale production it ain't worth it.

Apr 14, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Herandu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did design possibly the most advanced consumer orientated HDMI switcher in the world so far before I left my last job to work somewhere else. It can be seen at Maplin > 4-Way HDMI Selector
My only regret is that I don't get any royalty from it due to a mistake on my part . I hope they don't sell many
mad.gif

Designing HDMI stuff is a pain in the neck. You need to wade through loads of patents, pay royalties to the HDMI license holders, and endure a long license application approval waiting time. Unless you are going into large scale production it ain't worth it.

So that would get me lossless PCM on my DAC1 & Blu Ray player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back